View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ten-Year Medal - Crossing the Infinite 

Upon changing a Desert it says: The Planet glows with intense Prismodyne energy, and begins to change...

Sadly, does not give any passive abilities or effects to the planet.

On it:
Adaptive Spire Mining: 1, Research: 1, Artifact: 1

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:37 am

Under the planet name, does it say Rare, Extremely Rare, or something else?

Last edited by Pitch Ninja on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:43 am

xencindy wrote:
Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
ODragon wrote:
10 years and metallic planets are still not getting any love (yes, mission dyson)

Metal and Gas would probably be instant favorites if they were included because they have higher natural size range. I've seen a few MC metals that players turned into nice projects.

How does one make a MC Metallic? Other than the mission Dyson, I can't think of any way to get them bigger than VM

Yeah, sorry I meant VM, I was working a MC project right before I typed this and had that size on the brain.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:45 am

Pitch Ninja wrote:

Extremely Rare. Anything else I can answer or check?

Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

ODragon wrote:
Pitch Ninja wrote:

Extremely Rare. Anything else I can answer or check?

That's all I can think of for now as I think I've gotten majority of info into wiki, thanks!

Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:14 pm

ODragon wrote:
Upon changing a Desert it says: The Planet glows with intense Prismodyne energy, and begins to change...

On it:

did you put the adaptive spire on it before or after the transformation from desert ?

if before, then barrens are better targets for the luminous ability in order to keep the desert +2 arti from adaptive spires.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
ODragon wrote:

On it:

did you put the adaptive spire on it before or after the transformation from desert ?

if before, then barrens are better targets for the luminous ability in order to keep the desert +2 arti from adaptive spires.

It would have to have been after since placing on the desert would give the 2 arty. If you place it while as a desert and then transform, the +2 arty is always preserved even after transformation.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
ODragon wrote:

On it:

It would have to have been after since placing on the desert would give the 2 arty. If you place it while as a desert and then transform, the +2 arty is always preserved even after transformation.

really ? i don't recall that being the case with mission exotics or chthonians ...

EDIT: AND RIFTS !!

_____________Image

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 pm
Profile WWW

Yep I have a rift that was a Gaia and unfortunately only placed one spire on it years ago prior to transformation but it kept the +2 artifact from the spire. The reverse would actually also be true for barrens that have an Octafari Hydroshifter used on them. The transformation would keep it at +2 mining so you would have to then extract and replace on the Ocean to get +2 artifact if that was what you wanted.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Yep I have a rift that was a Gaia and unfortunately only placed one spire on it years ago prior to transformation but it kept the +2 artifact from the spire. The reverse would actually also be true for barrens that have an Octafari Hydroshifter used on them. The transformation would keep it at +2 mining so you would have to then extract and replace on the Ocean to get +2 artifact if that was what you wanted.

huh. neither of my 2 rifts, nor my mission exotic or mission dyson have adaptive spires .. so i presumed that i had taken them off after transformation. guess i never had any on there in the first place.

_____________Image

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:05 pm
Profile WWW

Just a small detail needed for wiki: The artifact Bahreen Transformation pact - item description as it appears in cargo, energy cost? Also the item image if at all possible, not a screenshot but the actual image - just want to confirm it is the same as Xecti pact.

EDIT: Got the info

Last edited by Pitch Ninja on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:00 pm

senatorhung wrote:

As Pitch said, I did it after.

Unrelated, when you try to use it on a non-barren/desert, it only mentions desert planets. I assume it works for Barren but I haven't tried it yet.

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:41 pm

ODragon wrote:

Unrelated, when you try to use it on a non-barren/desert, it only mentions desert planets. I assume it works for Barren but I haven't tried it yet.

I have successfully used it on a Barren but also noticed that message when you attempt to use on a wrong planet type... Maybe Dan was originally only going to allow desert upgrades... glad barrens are also included... still think it should include other common, basic planet types though.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm

rnagy wrote:
ODragon wrote:

I have successfully used it on a Barren but also noticed that message when you attempt to use on a wrong planet type... Maybe Dan was originally only going to allow desert upgrades... glad barrens are also included... still think it should include other common, basic planet types though.

I agree, should also include Terra, Toxic, Volcanic, Metallic, Gas, Icy. Basically all the normal 'upgradeable' planets.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Chade wrote:
rnagy wrote:
ODragon wrote:

I agree, should also include Terra, Toxic, Volcanic, Metallic, Gas, Icy. Basically all the normal 'upgradeable' planets.

nah .. exclude gas and volcanic .. those can be endlessly upgraded using ct.lab artis. also, terra and icy are generally reasonably decent starting planets already in terms of richness. and a VL 16x toxic is a basic workhorse already - no need to buff it.

i would be okay with metallics and exotics included in luminous targets as well since they have only one-off upgrade paths and would fit the 'shiny' theme.

_____________Image

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

FOUND ANOTHER ISSUE.......

Though the Bahreen ability states it costs 10 Prismodyne Energy to use, I had 11 and went to do my second transform and received an error message that I did not have 15 energy.......

So apparently it's costing more than what the description states... ticket sent...

***UPDATE***
Got a response to my ticket, actual cost is supposed to be 15. Description is wrong.

Last edited by rnagy on Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:46 pm

rnagy wrote:
ODragon wrote:

Wow, you guys are never happy, you already got great stuff from Dan and are asking for more. I applaud Dan for adding new content but think it is a little sad that the only content he has added in the last few years was for "old" players through the medals, which already have the advantage of cumulative collecting, but got even greater advantages with what was added with is too powerful if anything. Maybe Dan plans to sell an item which would age your ship one year for a large amount of GPs...

Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Annihilator wrote:
Wow, you guys are never happy, you already got great stuff from Dan and are asking for more...

Didn't say I was unhappy, just that it would have been more interesting if other planets were included.

For example, including metallics in the list of available planets types to transform wouldn't necessarily make the ability "better" as the planet still has to be built before transforming... same as a desert or barren... just makes it more intersting! :)

Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Annihilator wrote:
Wow, you guys are never happy, you already got great stuff from Dan and are asking for more. I applaud Dan for adding new content but think it is a little sad that the only content he has added in the last few years was for "old" players through the medals, which already have the advantage of cumulative collecting, but got even greater advantages with what was added with is too powerful if anything.

Its not that I am unhappy, I just think it is wasted opportunity. The people who have access to this ability have lost the ability to regularly get terraformers like those pre-level 2200. Historically, the planets that have the opportunity to be upgraded have "all" previously been made into oceans/sentients/crystals. Plus the majority of these planets start with poor stats. Now compare them to terras which start at decent stats and okay sized or metallic which are decent sized and okay stats. Plus, we've never had a metallic upgrader.

That said, I agree with you completely that he is spending some of the time on wrong part of the game. Every update should include a new CT-Lab item or mission/battle market item, even if they are just things so players click less. Migrating the text search he has on the planets or trade screen to the markets/ctlab would be great, especially if you want to buy a lot of the same things.

Examples that we need in CT-Lab, 1000 Rescued prisoners + 1000 energy = Artifact that adds 6000 Engineers (and a 2nd one for Tactical Officers), adding 6k engineers from prisoners can take an hour with as much memory loss as the RP spending page causes. Lets get something else to use Alien Data Disks or Dark Void Foci or Quantum Firewall Trap or Sha'din Algorithm or 50 other arties that your hold is full of.

Give a reason for people to be willing to do the NPC missions on Legion Missions once the mod is full upgraded. Why stop the Galakis Pirate Ray at 200%? It's got no special ability, who cares if someone goes from the +300 it gives to +3000? It's doesn't help when we're already hit damage caps (or near so).

Gammacron Trap Bay (Uses Left: 15) because it helps the legion, doesn't give me anything. Not hard to make scrap go from 6-11 CTP to 60-111 CTP. That's not overpowered or game changing but sure would help with the 250k CTP needed for the next Prismatic upgrade (or the one after that).

So no, not unhappy, just disappointed that we got a token rather than something that would help keep the game interesting for people who get it.

Last edited by ODragon on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:46 pm

ODragon wrote:
Its not that I am unhappy, I just thing it is wasted opportunity.

I agree. It's disappointing as somebody that joined 4 years after the start to have not really seen new content other than stuff I won't be able to see for 4 years and an occasional GP-cost module or NPC in seasonals in the last few years. I've started going after the raids leaderboard just to give myself something to do between seasonals and keep me playing but that's wearing thin (especially with the people in my badge range that complain about a couple extra raids resource loss but aren't willing to just raid me back.) I'll probably keep playing through the end of hte year to see if anything interesting shows up, but I'm constantly losing hope.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next