View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 CT Lab has new Discoveries available 

Senator really needs to get laid.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:57 pm

by who/waht?

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:52 am

JDoe01 wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
geez louiz. where oh where is there anything in my arguments that indicates that i am absolutely opposed to these improvements. NOWHERE. and of course i will use them for myself now that we have unlocked the taco one - i like my wrist as much as anyone. i just think the benefits for any future ones should be balanced out. as someone who is still actively harvesting red badges and yellow badges from you know, actually disabling ships, i think i have a dog in this fight.

you think the time trade.off is good enough. i don't. i see plenty of halc'd up laughable ships that would get an instant boost from parking for years with all their stacked up brackets and xcharge cells .. i think that would be a total death knell for higher ranked PvP.

so before Dan rolls out the next phase of the ct.lab click.free fest, i want to see some oomph to any use all artis associated with brackets and xcharge cells. so people don't like an efficiency penalty. fine.

--> make each bracket use all require 10k energy and 10 red badges on top of XX brackets
--> make each xcharge use all require 10k energy and 10 yellow badges on top of XX cells
--> make each tesseract use all require 10k energy and 10 dark badges on top of XX tesseracts

anyone remotely active in PvP or NPCing will have zero problem meeting those requirements in the time it takes to collect up the required brackets or xcharge or tesseracts. but the cheaters will have more roadblocks, and the parkers will have to un.park to benefit.

Well, it sure sounds like there is some opposition, now you're talking of adding badges to use future possible CT lab artis too.

Fact is, as mentioned here by others, I too think most people wouldn't bother if they're losing out on 1K Tactical Officers/Engineers/Helmsmen, kinda defeats the purpose of having this after all the years of people asking for it and the players lost because of the endless repetitive clicking already. Now you're even suggesting it should cost badges too, maybe you're overthinking this a little?

as already indicated earlier, arguing that they are losing out on 1k crew is a stupid argument, since the ones who were complaining about the stacks of rank points weren't even using them due to the clicking. but i already took the efficiency penalty off the table, so that part of your argument is moot.

as for badges not being acceptable as an ingredient, come up with something else then. make it NPC drops that no one wants like toxic purifiers .. chaostatic inhibitors .. dark eluder matrix .. whatever. just make it so that actually active players will have no problem meeting the extra requirements while peter parkers and doctor octopus cheaters will have to jump thru hoops. 500 energy in exchange for saving thousands of clicks just can't be considered a trade.off - it's basically the lint in your back pocket. and so anyone arguing for the lack of any significant trade.off is just encouraging more ships to park and collect, or more cheaters to keep scripting.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:31 am
Profile WWW

OK, maybe self-centred needs to be upgraded to just plain selfish, sure 500 energy is nothing for the likes of you, me, or indeed for many other long-term players. People have a completely differing play style to your own, work and life for others may only afford them a couple of hours worth of gameplay daily at best.

Slow/freeze ranking/parking makes no sense what so ever, this leaves the player with fewer planet slots and therefore pulling in fewer resources daily, again here is an assumption that if someone is not grinding like you and PVP'ing like you that they have some sort of imaginary advantage over you.

I haven't fully upgraded my CK69 Assault Sentry yet, so for me, yellow badges are a premium I just couldn't afford to save on clicking, for my excess blues I'd rather see a planet structure that contains Artifact: 1 in the stats, even if it costs more than 50 blues to buy from the battle market, the other blue items are practically redundant to me, so I do collect blues and have no real use for them myself, others mileage will of course vary.

All the other badges can already be spent productively, even the reds, where when you floated over to our legion you boasted about the hundreds that you had hoarded but never used them to scan for a base.

It's so easy to label others as cheats with baseless accusations of scripting, sure early on in the game people did find ways of gaining unfair advantages by manipulating the game mechanics but Dan has been busy patching them, putting in code to detect this sort of behaviour and routinely does ban players who do cheat. In life, we all too often find those who accuse others of cheating usually are deflecting to mask their cheating, is there something you'd like to get off your chest?

As for your demand of coming up with an additional cost penalty, I'll reiterate I and many others believe it would put many people off creating and using them, you fail to provide a valid counter-argument that's made us see the need for this.

Yes, you are correct that I didn't realise you had indeed dropped the demand to award less crew, the green text helped me see past the incoherent lack of grammar and punctuation presented within your argument. I don't see any support for your suggestions yet you feel the need to call several others counter-points a stupid argument, feel free to throw more toys out of the pram though.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3