View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Where is Darkness Falls? 

Darkness falls seems to be missing. I'm hoping this is an April Fools Day joke

Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:02 pm

Nooooo! I'm missing Stellar Cartography too. Must. Make. Purgers!

Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:04 pm

Stellar Cartography is still on my mission list, but others say it's missing

Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:11 pm

Stellar Cartography is now limited to 5k completions. Maybe Darkness Falls has a limited number of completions now, too, but I didn't think I'd done many

Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Darkness Falls is limited to 1000 completions.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:05 am

It seems a little late for an April Fool's prank, why would you do this to us?

Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 am

I am awaiting some response from support and/or the GMs. But if this is a permanent thing, I think I am done with this game.

Maybe that was the point.

Michael Dillson
Leader
Imminent Cataclysm
14 year veteran

Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:31 pm

This is indeed a very concerning turn of events.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:01 pm
Profile WWW

Exterminus wrote:
I am awaiting some response from support and/or the GMs. But if this is a permanent thing, I think I am done with this game.

Maybe that was the point.

Michael Dillson
Leader
Imminent Cataclysm
14 year veteran

Pretty sure the point isn't to make people quit the game, the opposite is probably true. Over the years there has been more than a few times where people have complained about how ships with high artifact production are able to basically exponentially increase their incomes/strength compared to everyone else.

Purger Mission
Being able to do the purger mission at will, to have pretty much unlimited scans is unbalanced. Ships with low resources, new ships, low ranks and mid-rank ships can't do that. I know I scan less than some people but I absolutely scan more than most people and given my production I can still scan any time I want without the need to make more purgers. Maybe some people will now have to slow down their rate of scanning a bit. (Maybe, and I can probably only dream here. But maybe some people will be incentivized to increase their production to get more purgers by actually building their planets to produces resources, instead of acting like drunk monkeys smashing their keyboards adding every random artifact they have in cargo) For everyone else in the game that is a good thing. Some of those planets that would have been found by someone running the purger mission will now be found by a ship that wouldn't have found it otherwise. I am 100% fine with that, make them happy, helps keep them in the game. If a rank 182 finds a MC 22x instead of a rank 3500 doing their fourth scan run of the week, and it gets them hooked on the game then good.

Darkness Falls
Again, high production ships being able to endlessly run a mission to make hoards of ctp probably wasn't what the mission was made for. Putting a cap on how many times it can be completed just stops giving some people an advantage. Although to be honest I'm not really sure what that advantage is anymore. Is there much of a use for ctp left in the game? Most active legions must be level 10 by now? I recently dumped a bit over a million ctp into our base to get us done, still have plenty of ctp left with Chuhn scrapping time getting closer. At that time I will just be giving it away to people in the legion to help them with their Prismatic upgrades. With the last Prismatic upgrades being endlessly broken there is just nothing to spend it on. ***Hint, hint, Dan... that would be a great fix.

I actually like the changes to both missions although maybe the cap limits could have been a little higher. They just help with balance a little bit. Where I do think Dan went wrong, is as always the zero communication. Just a small post in the Patches and Updates section letting people know what is happening and why, would go a long way in making people be okay with changing something that they had grown accustomed to using over years and years.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:54 pm

sumwunn wrote:
Is there much of a use for ctp left in the game?

There is always a use for ctp if you're creative enough. I burn through quite a bit buying supplies: EM, warehouses, DP/VS...the occasional Dyson...

Perhaps not as useful as it was a few years ago but nonetheless, there's plenty of Khajiit with wares, if you have coin!

Rank 4500 Dark Smuggler
Galaxy Battleships
Guardian of Taltheria X2 and Vorigar X6

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:56 pm

@sumwunn, if that is indeed the logic or excuse for doing this, I'm sorry to say, it's majorly flawed.

We all start as rank 1 players and all experience pretty much a similar grind of ranking and building up our ship, from dealing with having little energy most of the day, completing the research trees, NPC's requiring more hits to disable, through to finding planets and everything else between. When I started playing nearly 11 years ago there were already players ranked higher than me and able to do more scanning and purging than me, instead of seeing this as some unfair advantage I knew that when I reached those ranks I'd be somewhere near where they were in terms of stats and planets owned.

I've managed to make well over 55k purgers up to Apr 1st, many others will have managed to make a metric sh1t-ton more than that, especially those ranked higher than myself, so this change will only create the disadvantage it's claiming to solve by limiting the number of purgers they can make, slowing their progress further in comparison to those that came before them with an added bonus of fewer planet alerts too.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:17 pm

JDoe01 wrote:
@sumwunn, if that is indeed the logic or excuse for doing this, I'm sorry to say, it's majorly flawed.

We all start as rank 1 players and all experience pretty much a similar grind of ranking and building up our ship, from dealing with having little energy most of the day, completing the research trees, NPC's requiring more hits to disable, through to finding planets and everything else between. When I started playing nearly 11 years ago there were already players ranked higher than me and able to do more scanning and purging than me, instead of seeing this as some unfair advantage I knew that when I reached those ranks I'd be somewhere near where they were in terms of stats and planets owned..

Sure I started the same way, had to grind my way up while there were legions full of stronger ships ahead of me. I have never felt that people doing more scanning and purging than me was unfair, I just worked hard to catch up and pass them if I could. If people have good production and storage they worked for that over the years, good for them (I am one of them). But getting purgers from our artifact pulls is a different thing than just doing one mission tens or hundreds of thousands of time and I would bet that Dan makes that distinction too.

JDoe01 wrote:
I've managed to make well over 55k purgers up to Apr 1st, many others will have managed to make a metric sh1t-ton more than that, especially those ranked higher than myself, so this change will only create the disadvantage it's claiming to solve by limiting the number of purgers they can make, slowing their progress further in comparison to those that came before them with an added bonus of fewer planet alerts too.

That is why I said I would have had a higher limit on those missions. It would have allowed people that haven't done them much the option of doing so and catching up a bit to those that have. Again, without Dan telling us why he changed things, I am assuming he sees people making almost unlimited purgers and ctp as not a good thing and not how he intended it to be. Could/should he have made the limits higher and eased people into the change. Maybe/probably but those are the limits he chose. I guess he is less concerned about closing the gap between those that have done the missions very little vs those that have done them a lot. And more concerned with just stopping it going forward.

Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:20 pm

If you have so much CTP and want to donate to my prismatic fund.. please send it my way.

Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:05 am

Well, then, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?

There has been no new content, mission-wise, since the Selena's Signal missions I completed in April 2017. That's 6 YEARS with no new content. So those of us who are higher level (the 50th highest player is CptFeathesword at rank 3244) have a very limimted subset of NPCs we can attack. We cannot attack each other, because most of our ships are more powerful than your average base. So the only reason for us to even stay in the game was exploration. Now, that has been taken from us.

Did you know they won't even program the last 6 Prismatic Planet enhancements? We have no place to spend CTP.

We have no place to use our excess energy or artifacts.

There are bugs and enhancements that we have been asking for 10 or more years and nothing has happened.

Why should we even bother to stay in the game?

Exterminus
Rank 5429
Leader
Imminenet Cataclusm

Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:04 am

Exterminus wrote:

There has been no new content, mission-wise, since the Selena's Signal missions I completed in April 2017. That's 6 YEARS with no new content. So those of us who are higher level (the 50th highest player is CptFeathesword at rank 3244) have a very limimted subset of NPCs we can attack. We cannot attack each other, because most of our ships are more powerful than your average base. So the only reason for us to even stay in the game was exploration. Now, that has been taken from us.

Did you know they won't even program the last 6 Prismatic Planet enhancements? We have no place to spend CTP.

There are bugs and enhancements that we have been asking for 10 or more years and nothing has happened.

Exterminus
Rank 5429
Leader
Imminenet Cataclusm

Well said, sir.

The penalty for grinding hard on unlimited missions is levelling. When your battle tab shrinks down to a couple dozen ships, hacking runs get painfully short. Losing access to NPC bosses and no longer being able to assist legion mates on Silthion Hybrid Clusters is also isolating. SSBs balloon.

With a game this moribund, adding limits on players is fundamentally wrong-headed. There are plenty of features that could actually make the game more fun. I've had to dig DEEP to find ways to amuse myself in this game. If Dan's actively cutting down my already meager options, why should I bother?

Boris

Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:59 am

Exterminus wrote:

Exterminus
Rank 5429
Leader
Imminenet Cataclusm

Very well said.

Scanning and making CTP is unfortunately all that's left in the game for high rank folks.

We've been with the game consistently since near the game's start - if this is a permanent limitation/removal, it may be time for a lot of us to reconsider the game.

Rank 4500 Dark Smuggler
Galaxy Battleships
Guardian of Taltheria X2 and Vorigar X6

Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:31 pm

If Dan is trying to kill this game he is definitely succeeding. I have been here for 12 years and with this change in no more Purgers or Void Barriers to make I am seriously considering giving up on the game, I have never said that before. I am not buying GP for Lepus if it doesn't change.

Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:17 pm

Low ranks can not see the nice highly cloaked planets that older ships can see. And even if they get a rare chance at finding one it likely will have 4 morphs slapped on it and they like anyone else who would've scanned it would not be able to do anything. When I was a low rank 11 years ago nobody handed me maxed out planets like the low ranks in todays time get. Now congratulations old ships can not alert the new ships planets as they can no longer scan or purge the planets. Your basically killing off the old ships in the game as they have nothing left to play for. Why would you do that to people that gave you so many years of loyalty? Please reconsider the cap on purgers.

Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Completely agree with the other posters about the lack of content is what drove people to use the purger missions so much.

Angelangel wrote:
Low ranks can not see the nice highly cloaked planets that older ships can see.

I do disagree with this though. 99% of the nice highly cloaked planets that we find on our scan runs are owned by inactive players, which means the cloak on that planet is actually 0, which means low ranks can find them. They just have less of a chance of finding them because they can't scan as much as higher ranks.

Angelangel wrote:
Now congratulations old ships can not alert the new ships planets as they can no longer scan or purge the planets.

And this. Old ships can still alert, scan and purge lol... Dan didn't take away our artifact production. The rate at which people that were running the purger mission will be able to scan and purge will be reduced though.

Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:06 pm

I cry BS on the cloaked planets. If you are active, and have a cloak of over, say 3000 total, no one is gonna find your planets. I have been scanning for 14 years and have never, never, never found a planet that was active and had a cloak after that.

As for inactive players, the cloak on their planets goes to 0 (zero) so ANYONE can find them.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next