View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Senatorhung's Analysis: Ship Log SHOWDOWN ! 

two months since the last update ... this one includes the interim update from Golgotha as well, so that can be compared with Taylor Swift's. reformatted a few of the graphs so that they scaled better.

not sure if Golgotha's last attack datapoint was anomalous or not ... will have to see where the next datapoint falls. still an impressive number !

in chart 5, we can see that Taylor Swift definitely got a higher AP/hr for the number of days played, but that Golgotha is still keeping up with AP/hr per rank.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

you should send message saying update in 1 day or something so we all can update, I dont update my ship log unless something nice has happened to trigger eg new chain, rank milestone, ally/mod maxed/added

Stark Tech Inside

Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Peticks wrote:
you should send message saying update in 1 day or something so we all can update, I dont update my ship log unless something nice has happened to trigger eg new chain, rank milestone, ally/mod maxed/added

I like that idea too. I've been slow ranking a lot the last month, but if the time was coming up for you to update the ship log showdown, I'd definitely update my log.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:23 am

xmoonxlitxwalkx wrote:
Peticks wrote:

I like that idea too. I've been slow ranking a lot the last month, but if the time was coming up for you to update the ship log showdown, I'd definitely update my log.

both of you had updates in august that were included in this one. i don't see the issue. if you make a subsequent update, it will appear in the next edition. i am aiming for one every month or 2 months, depending on my interest and energy, but at this point i don't think there will be too many surprises with each update, barring Taylor Swift coming up with another interesting metric.

_____________Image

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

here is the latest update after the bane seasonal event. the next one will likely be after the scruuge season, so in early january.

_____________Image

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:06 am
Profile WWW

highest % artifact planets, yay! :)

Stark Tech Inside

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:31 am

I'm just going to toss this out there. These charts are so convoluted due to the overload of various ships that it's almost meaningless to look at. I totally think Senator is smart and can do analysis, but you might want to make those more user friendly.

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:53 am

juiceman wrote:
I'm just going to toss this out there. These charts are so convoluted due to the overload of various ships that it's almost meaningless to look at. I totally think Senator is smart and can do analysis, but you might want to make those more user friendly.

i'm always tweaking these, but i am at a loss as to how you think cutting down the number of ships would be more user friendly. it is the mass of hits that indicates where the 'majority' of pilots lie, and the valuable information is in the results of those that deviate from the norm. most people will pick a pilot to compare themselves with, and seeing how that pilot appears on all the charts can help them make decisions about what to focus on.

i am happy to consider further tweaks, but you have to give me something more substantial to work towards than 'user friendliness'. is there a chart that you find useless ? what chart should i replace it with. is a particular scale not highlighting a contrast as well as it could ? i try to spread out the data as much as i can, but unless you want me to start chopping off extreme values (which i have done previously), i'm not sure what you are getting at.

so, what 'use' are you aiming to use these charts for, that they are currently unsuited towards ?

_____________Image

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:11 am
Profile WWW

i will be posting updated charts early in the new year ... so if the ship log ships want their most current data ... you know what to do ;)

and just to note in advance ... Spock for Captain has taken over Joseph4's spot ...

_____________Image

Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:49 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
i will be posting updated charts early in the new year ... so if the ship log ships want their most current data ... you know what to do ;)

and just to note in advance ... Spock for Captain has taken over Joseph4's spot ...

should be updating mine by end of the day :P

Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:31 pm

a new year ... a new ship log SHOWDOWN update ! some of the colours have been tweaked in an attempt to enhance visibility. and as previously noted, we welcome Spock for Captain in place of Joseph4.

we can see that elerian has finally decided that he has enough decks, and has turned the corner onto the long stretch to MSB, spiced with a spot of speed ranking. Peticks has doggedly returned to 100% damage cap rating (SSB) status, also assisted by a bit of speed ranking. meanwhile, Spock for Captain is moving the other way, adding decks for some no doubt nefarious purpose. icky is stalking Taylor Swift so closely on this chart that a restraining order may soon be required.

senatorhung continues to collect red badges for super base locks, dominating the PvP kills per rank segment of the chart. on the power chart, moonlitwalk is making a good show of boosting attack power given her limited APH. senatorhung joined the 100 toughness club last month, wth Peticks, Fasious, Philus, elerian, and icky all closing in on 70.

again, icky is shadowing Taylor on most of these charts, with the exceptions of PvP kills per rank and NPC kills per rank, while matching on the PvP / NPC ratio. very sly. however, Peticks and Fasious are also pairing up to tango ... those SSB types are *so* cliquey. elerian trades in some t.o.'s for engineers to help drive his recent speed.rank splurge. Taylor Swift continues to pummel any NPCs that have the misfortune of appearing on his battle tab. Darth Pita has managed the relatively rare task of _dropping_ his NPC kills / day rate. please don't go all mission on us DP !

elerian's crew / rank vs APH plummets down to the norm. the chart on the top right is a closeup of the lower APH section of the top left chart. on the bottom right, we can see that elerian's crew / rank is still tops for his rank, so all that effort at slow ranking was not completely wasted. the coupling pairs of icky / TS and Peticks / Fasious continues to be visible here, even onto the engineers per rank chart. go get a room already !

ah APH, APH ... what Taylor Swift stipulates is the key to success in this game, and he practices what he preaches. unfortunately, not all of us can be as focused as TS on boosting APH daily, so will have to settle for boosting APH per rank. another pair of closeups are provided to peer into those Gordian knots. and presto, no more pair-offs !

the showdown finishes off with a pair of double-wides. widescreen over letterbox pan and scan *every* time, i say ! TS makes every planet put up or shut up, while Peticks continues to perish the thought of picking up any pesky mining planets. meanwhile, poor icky and DP seem to have a hard time finding many of those precious arti planets ... oh woe !

_____________Image

Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:36 pm
Profile WWW

now that the PvP frenzy of the lepus event has been left behind for another year, it's now time for another edition of the ship log showdown !

the roster has been shuffled up and whittled down to an even dozen again after the housecleaning from the first few months of this year. welcome to Maelstrom / TrinityThree on his debut appearance !

The Golgotha machine may have slowed down, but at nearly 500 hits to disable on hull alone, and getting over the 80% damage cap rating threshold ... merda ! what a beast ! Maelstrom is indeed giving the slow.ranking style a nice shine, but is no slouch when it comes to throwing his weight around as seen on the decks chart.

and while Maelstrom's bulky ship might normally attract unwanted attention, he is no puffball on either the power or toughness2 scales, so he can take and give back any punishment he might receive. Golgotha is still the supreme king on the toughness2 scale though, breaching the 200 mark. senatorhung continues his recent killing rampage, increasing his PvP kills per rank to over 10.

on tac officers per rank, Maelstrom is playing with the big boyz like Elerian, Golgotha, and icky. senatorhung is now over 8 PvP kills per day played, so over 3 years of play, that is a lot of smoking hulls ...

Golgotha continues to shine on the crew per rank charts.

with Golgotha switching out of excavator, icky is taking the lead on the arti/hr chart, but on the arti per hour per rank chart, Maelstrom is clearly in a category of his own.

we can see a possible reason for Maelstrom's chart-breaking stats here on the artifact per planet chart. Maelstrom is also competing with Peticks for the lowest %mining and highest %arti.

and to wrap things up, one of my good old combo bar charts makes a re.appearance ;)

top 3 %arti:
- 1. Maelstrom 69.4%
- 2. Peticks 68.7%
- 3. Ganga 67.4%

top 3 %mining:
- 1. Darth Pita 36.3%
- 2. icky 31.4%
- 3. elerian 27.1%

top 3 %research:
- 1. xmoonlitwalkx 34.0%
- 2. Fasious 26.3%
- 3. Darth Pita 26.2%

_____________Image

Last edited by senatorhung on Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:31 am
Profile WWW

Thanks man, as always very interesting to read.

The scale on the toughness2 charts threw me off for a bit, but i got my head around it :)

Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:46 am

Its on maelstrom! no one out minimal mining me!

Stark Tech Inside

Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Awesome, I finally made it into the charts :D
Thanks again for all your hard work senator, I really appreciate it, looks like it puts me up at similar growth as the mid ranks as I expected.
Didn't know my PVP kills/rank was that high, then again itd be ~0.4 of what it is if I ranked normally.
But the PVP kills/day does put me in the medium range I guess.

And pecky, I'm not gonna let ya best me, all in no holds barred :twisted:

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:40 am

you'll have to forgive me if anything looks wonky with this one .. i can't see the tinypic images on my pc browsers lol.

so, my switch from litheor explorer to lazuli fixer vaulted me ahead of Golgotha (finally !) in terms of minimum number of hits to drop.

Golgotha is still tougher though ...

i am still flipping a coin on the elios collector upgrade ... i have used my existing collectors this year whenever i got caught short, but ... aw, who am i kidding, i will give in and buy them lol.

that crew per day has a pretty close correlation with arti per hour ...

wow, elerian is on an arti rampage !

look at peticks' mining production creep higher and higher lol.

_____________Image

Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:05 pm
Profile WWW

Been a while since I looked at this thread, noticed i've been added

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:06 am

posting an interim update now after a few months. next update will be the year.end wrap.up in january after the scruuge event finishes up.

_____________Image

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Ah I completely missed the previous update because I was preoccupied with school. Happy to see you're stilling putting a lot of effort into this. I genuinely appreciate the work and happy to be able to see how our ships grow. Thank you very much : )

Click below to join us and we will rise together!

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:26 pm

TrinityThree wrote:
Ah I completely missed the previous update because I was preoccupied with school. Happy to see you're stilling putting a lot of effort into this. I genuinely appreciate the work and happy to be able to see how our ships grow. Thank you very much : )

most of the hard work is done in terms of designing the charts ... so the rest is just data entry.

also, Darth Pita / Levrosh has reset again ... so the information displayed is now just for historical comparison.

_____________Image

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next