View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rings or Moons? 

I know there used to be a lot of debates, Rings vs Moons. What did you all figure out?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 pm

xencindy wrote:
I know there used to be a lot of debates, Rings vs Moons. What did you all figure out?

when upgrading planets using reality transcenders .. planets with moons have been a much higher priority for me than rings. the ring planets will only ever have that amount of space (unless Dan gives us something new besides a few more gifts of the spirit). while the extra space on a moon planet will fit every structure you can fit onto a ring planet plus more.

so if you have a planet with luminous rings with 30% total production buff .. versus luminous moons with 30% more space .. i think i would still favour moons. not counting invincible planets, my best mega.colossal with luminous moons is making 4930 arti per hour from a base arti production level of 160. my best mega.colossal with rings is making 4905 arti per hour from a base arti production of 118. so 35.6% more space for a 0.5% higher production .. so moons still a hair better in my situation.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Last edited by senatorhung on Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:54 am
Profile WWW

Thank you! That was exactly the information I needed for someone doing their mission Dyson

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:17 am

xencindy wrote:

For me planets with Rings are way better than planets with large moons, but I don't have the medal which can improve them yet to luminous.

There are a limited number of artifacts which gives 2+ ap per space, so in the planet with large moons you will end up putting artis with only 1 ap per space or even non-upgraded hyperforges, which will give less proportionally, that's basic math. It is somewhat compensated by the artis giving %production and/or cloak and no ap but that won't compensate for all of it. Basically if you look at production level, on a planet with LM you will have less than 120% of the level of a planet with rings in most cases.
On top of that lots of artis are limited in numbers (unless you have unlimited money and time to npc) and you will need more artis for LM planets and might end up short for other planets and use more hyperforges...

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 pm

i like both moons as rings civ my most productive planet (not paid planet or dyson) has upgraded rings

Mining 15x Mega Rich 3914 units/hr
Artifact 22x Mega Rich 6399 units/hr
Research 17x Mega Rich 2158 units/hr
and produces ike that
i like both moons and ring. better like ring since i less need to collect arti in npc gp item ect

Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:33 am

IMO, Rings win over moons for 2 reasons ...

1) If you put your highest production artis on to fill the original space, rings will give you an extra 20% of that production. Moons cant possible improve on that....You'd have to fill the extra 20% space with artis that are better than the ones already on the planet.
2) if you need to fill less space, you can save some limited artifacts for another planet.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:47 am

Cut wrote:

1) If you put your highest production artis on to fill the original space, rings will give you an extra 20% of that production. Moons cant possible improve on that....You'd have to fill the extra 20% space with artis that are better than the ones already on the planet.
2) if you need to fill less space, you can save some limited artifacts for another planet.

your thesis only holds if it assumes that Dan will never release better structures. since that isn't the case, moons are better since you can always fit any new more productive structures into the extra space. ringed planets are stuck with the non.extractables already in place .. so you would have to destroy a previously optimized structure in order to place a new one.

gift of the spirit helps both types, but helps moon planets more, since the space buffs stack with the transcender expansions.

do i regret that 7 of my 10 non.prismatic invincible planets are ringed vs moons ? no, i made the most productive planets i had at the time invincible ones, and those were, of course, ringed planets along the lines of your thesis. but as i get more inhibitors in the future, the selection will move towards mooned planets.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:56 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Cut wrote:

your thesis only holds if it assumes that Dan will never release better structures. since that isn't the case, moons are better since you can always fit any new more productive structures into the extra space. ringed planets are stuck with the non.extractables already in place .. so you would have to destroy a previously optimized structure in order to place a new one.

gift of the spirit helps both types, but helps moon planets more, since the space buffs stack with the transcender expansions.

do i regret that 7 of my 10 non.prismatic invincible planets are ringed vs moons ? no, i made the most productive planets i had at the time invincible ones, and those were, of course, ringed planets along the lines of your thesis. but as i get more inhibitors in the future, the selection will move towards mooned planets.

on Ringed planet, I dont see the issue with destroying a previously optimised struct in order to place a new better one. if you have a moon planet you would have to keep the optimised struct and use the better one to achieve less prod.

Gift of spirit helps both mooned and ringed planets the same. I agree you do get more extra space when used on moons, but the prod on those spaces does not get the rings production increase.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:21 pm

moons may best for your best planet maybe only cause your best planet get the best arti first
some over time and big effort to improve dyson or rift whit large moons maybe best cause 1:3 arti structure exists along whit 1:2 exists. its possible fill a dyson or rift of great incredible arties maybe over time become better its harder job moons but it has more potential but hard get this max potential out of moons
easier get better potential fast whit rings or civs ruins
moon is some better but if you got great arties by example ready to fill your moons and rings planet whit lepus drone or anything and yes your prod vs other kiks you in the ass if you dont pay gp and it is very harder destroy hyperforge for free player + if you 0 gp you keep crap planet and cant strip so in reality free player rings is best,
or a king find in scan like the perfect 22x or perfect dyson pure good arti moons is better but you play free u wasted to have harder life put better structure on planet
i feel you free player
and what give potency to any planet is destroying hyperforge and put better structure the best on moons if greater arties. or even you may like it more on rings cause it 20% prod
but maybe put better on rings is a waste of time cause you me and anyone has more hyperforge to destroy elsewhere
but in reality if i pay gp im happy get rings better then moons specially on 22x 20x

Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:01 pm

I LOVE Both but personally lean more towards rings myself xD

Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 pm

Does anyone know who ended up with that football that had Rings and got Moons, then got Fluxed?

Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]