View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Armor research branch 

Is there anything other than hull improvements in the Armor branch? I've been seriously neglecting it because I don't care a whole lot about hull, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on some cool planet structures.

Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm on 120 hp hull per plate so I guess it's all about hull in that tree based on the pattern that I saw so far..

Last edited by Nocifer Deathblade on Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Planet structures are only in the following research branch
Weapons (att structure)
Shields (def structure)
Stealth (cloak structure)
Planetary structures (pop/production structure)

Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

This isnt entirely related but would you rather pay to repair hull or wait for shields to recharge? I cant decide whether I should go shield research or hull.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9503 The 1.8 Adventure Update thread

Fri May 21, 2010 3:42 am

Robert wrote:
This isnt entirely related but would you rather pay to repair hull or wait for shields to recharge? I cant decide whether I should go shield research or hull.

Hull if can handle/keep up with the costs and shields if your rarely attacked/attacking.

Fri May 21, 2010 3:44 am

Cothordin wrote:
Robert wrote:

Hull if can handle/keep up with the costs and shields if your rarely attacked/attacking.

Actually, shield is best used as buffer and regeneration ability while offline while hull is best used during online.. Also, shield is good extension to the hull if you got 5 hull plates maxed out..

Fri May 21, 2010 4:50 am

Robert wrote:

IF you are trying to withstand 400 damage from missions, I would choose shields (shield restore after getting hit 400) or hull (assuming that you cant hit 400 shields)
If people attacks your randomly, shields will be a better choice as it regenerates. If you are in war and constantly repair, hull will be better as it gives more 'HP' per size when compared to shields. But take note that having too much "HP" without sufficient defense is bad.

Fri May 21, 2010 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]