View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Races List 

Here is a current list of all races in Galaxy Legion, and their bonuses

Aerlen - 30% bonus to ship defense
Inergon - 10% bonus to max energy
Human - 10% bonus to all experience gains
Konqul - 20% bonus to ship attack
Sillixx - 10% bonus to ship size (more decks)
Vygoid - 20% bonus to research gains

Note that each Race gets a list of 6 possible professions, and each is different. To see which race gets which profession, and what they do, you can see:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Some tidbit faqs about some racials:

"What happens if I switch out races from Sillixx but my ship size is already maxed out?
- Your ship will be 'overencumbered' and you will not be able to add new modules until you sort out the space.

"Konqul have 20% to attack. Does this mean they also get the same bonus to invasion?"
- Yes. They are quite aggressive.

"Does the human xp bonus apply to more than missions?"
- Yes, it applies anywhere where XP is awarded, such as colonizations, scanning, etc.

"Does the energy bonus from Inergon apply to my engineers?"
- Yes. It is a 10% bonus to your total max energy. Note that it has no effect on your energy charge rate.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:09 am

How does the Sillix 10% extra deck space work?

I understand the general concept... If one has 100 decks, 10 of them will be bonus decks, but how is achieved? The races which have energy, experience, attack, or defence, etc. are much easier to see and determine.

Is the deck space based on level? I mean, the only way to add decks is by spending rank points, and you only get 5 rank points/level. How do you get 10% out of that?

What about when you rescue prisoners or get a couple of ranks points as a daily reward which you spend on decks and get 2 decks?

When does the extra deck appear?

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 pm

The game simply adds 10% bonus decks to the number you would normally have, regardless of how you got them.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:41 pm

webguydan wrote:
The game simply adds 10% bonus decks to the number you would normally have, regardless of how you got them.

So basicly: if i add only decks ever level, i would get one "bonus deck" every 2 levels?

A Anger
T Toward
E Everyone
R Reaching
S Success
--
Galactic Encyclopedia

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 pm

no, you divide the number of decks you have without your racial bonus by 10, if that numbers tenth place digit is 5 or above it rounds up. i.e. 100 decks=110, 105=116

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Quote:

I'm glad to hear it is simple.

Quote:
no, you divide the number of decks you have without your racial bonus by 10, if that numbers tenth place digit is 5 or above it rounds up. i.e. 100 decks=110, 105=116

So the extra deck appears when you spend rank points on decks? I will have to pay much closer attention to this in the next while, because I dont recall seeing the decks right away after spending rank points.

I usually notice the extra deck a little bit later when I am swapping components out.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 am

webguydan wrote:

This is incorrect. The 10% modifier affects all energy increases and decreases. I'd rephrase as "Inergon - 10% bonus to all energy modifiers"

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 am

Jeff_Wilson63 wrote:
webguydan wrote:

This is incorrect. The 10% modifier affects all energy increases and decreases. I'd rephrase as "Inergon - 10% bonus to all energy modifiers"

and total energy.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:09 am

I just want more drannik power cores. Between those and neural interfaces you can actually get 1/2 your xp just from levelling. It's like being young again. Are there android engineers? I don't think I've actually gotten one, freakishly. I have one engineer... err two, same thing.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:31 am

SpoonyJank wrote:
I just want more drannik power cores. Between those and neural interfaces you can actually get 1/2 your xp just from levelling. It's like being young again. Are there android engineers? I don't think I've actually gotten one, freakishly. I have one engineer... err two, same thing.

the only android artifacts are scientists and helmsmen.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:05 pm

zophah wrote:
SpoonyJank wrote:

the only android artifacts are scientists and helmsmen.

True but there are 'Ship Bots" that increase decks by two as well. AND there are Prisoners which you convert to rank points and use however you like.

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 pm

QCubed wrote:
True but there are 'Ship Bots" that increase decks by two as well. AND there are Prisoners which you convert to rank points and use however you like.

As well as hull and shield point artifacts.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:14 pm

If the Konquul's racial 20% attack bonus applies as well for when they invade planets, how come the Aerlen 30% defense bonus doesn't apply to my planets?

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:05 am

silentknight wrote:
If the Konquul's racial 20% attack bonus applies as well for when they invade planets, how come the Aerlen 30% defense bonus doesn't apply to my planets?

Because invading planets is hard, while having a straight up +30% defense bonus on planets would be ridiculous.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 am

Cothordin wrote:
silentknight wrote:

Because invading planets is hard, while having a straight up +30% defense bonus on planets would be ridiculous.

Heh. Today with lot of attack-related ship upgrades.. Planetary invasion became easy.. 30% bonus to invasion resistance sounds great to me... It's very easy to continue to boost ship power with no limit thanks to decksize being no cap while planetary has hard-cap based on its size and it's getting really difficult to put in planetary defense to offset endless improving planetary invasion power of ships.. The balance between planet vs ship will start to get unbalanced over time..

What I would suggest to Dan is to introduce two size bars to planets.. First size bar strictly restricted to resource buildings with hard cap based on its size while 2nd size bar restricted to military structures with soft-cap size that can be increased via artifacts and research trees or whatever so we can finally continuously improving our planetary defenses as our tech goes from artifact and tech tree and even from NPC farming just like we do with our ship deck size..

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Cothordin wrote:
silentknight wrote:

Heh. Today with lot of attack-related ship upgrades.. Planetary invasion became easy.. 30% bonus to invasion resistance sounds great to me... It's very easy to continue to boost ship power with no limit thanks to decksize being no cap while planetary has hard-cap based on its size and it's getting really difficult to put in planetary defense to offset endless improving planetary invasion power of ships.. The balance between planet vs ship will start to get unbalanced over time..

What I would suggest to Dan is to introduce two size bars to planets.. First size bar strictly restricted to resource buildings with hard cap based on its size while 2nd size bar restricted to military structures with soft-cap size that can be increased via artifacts and research trees or whatever so we can finally continuously improving our planetary defenses as our tech goes from artifact and tech tree and even from NPC farming just like we do with our ship deck size..

Your forgetting the effects of guards. Currently Exotica is unable to be taken by most legions simply because it has thousands of population and tens of thousands of Attack and Defense. A 30% upgrade to that would be ridiculous. Not to mention the effects it could have on invasion %s. While taking an unguarded, no defense planet is easy, taking a highly or even mildly defended one is hard. While I think they're could be some better balancing I think this is just overkill.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 am

Cothordin wrote:
Your forgetting the effects of guards. Currently Exotica is unable to be taken by most legions simply because it has thousands of population and tens of thousands of Attack and Defense. A 30% upgrade to that would be ridiculous. Not to mention the effects it could have on invasion %s. While taking an unguarded, no defense planet is easy, taking a highly or even mildly defended one is hard. While I think they're could be some better balancing I think this is just overkill.

You are forgetting that Exotica is unique and not comparable with all other planets. I made Exotica a pure military capital with no resources on it.. Do you really think that players would build many defenses/attacks on every planets they own? Take a good look and I would say 90%+ of them are putting almost all resource structures plus some cloak on their planets leaving no room for defense and attack. If they did, it is mostly very small amount at best that makes no difference that it's sad now.. Cloak right now is the only valid best line of defense as long as you are not crit-hacked by hacker.. I'm currently in process to demolish +100 defenses on my planets and upgrade cloak because I realize that none of my planets had been discovered for so long. As soon as they get discovered, they would be invaded anyway simply cuz +100 defense won't even make any real difference. Best to cloak and say hidden so can enjoy high production from them..

Exotica is an exceptional and you are comparing apple and orange analogy here.. It got slave prejor on that planet that no one ever would put on any other planets period.. Balancing based on Exotica at cost of 99.99% of planets is rather bad way to balance..

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Nocifer Deathblade wrote:
Cothordin wrote:

You are forgetting that Exotica is unique and not comparable with all other planets. I made Exotica a pure military capital with no resources on it.. Do you really think that players would build many defenses/attacks on every planets they own? Take a good look and I would say 90%+ of them are putting almost all resource structures plus some cloak on their planets leaving no room for defense and attack. If they did, it is mostly very small amount at best that makes no difference that it's sad now.. Cloak right now is the only valid best line of defense as long as you are not crit-hacked by hacker.. I'm currently in process to demolish +100 defenses on my planets and upgrade cloak because I realize that none of my planets had been discovered for so long. As soon as they get discovered, they would be invaded anyway simply cuz +100 defense won't even make any real difference. Best to cloak and say hidden so can enjoy high production from them..

Exotica is an exceptional and you are comparing apple and orange analogy here.. It got slave prejor on that planet that no one ever would put on any other planets period.. Balancing based on Exotica at cost of 99.99% of planets is rather bad way to balance..

Oh, I figured out Attack and Defense were pretty much pointless about 200 levels ago, unless I can get population, attack, or defense, as a secondary bonus from another building.

HOWEVER you're wrong on one point Cloak's not what's keeping your planets hidden. I have scanned planets with over 1200 cloak during some of my scanning blitzes, which made me realize that Cloaking is probably pretty useless too. Now I only keep cloak on my largest most valuable planets, and hope it has some benefit, because I have flux probed nearly all of them and most of the ones I care about still show 0 other players. Several show players but I wouldn't care beyond the fun of having a fight to lose them so I don't flux them.

~Q

When a man of genius speaks, a confederacy of dunces swells up to denounce him. -Jonathan Swift

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:19 am

QCubed wrote:
HOWEVER you're wrong on one point Cloak's not what's keeping your planets hidden. I have scanned planets with over 1200 cloak during some of my scanning blitzes, which made me realize that Cloaking is probably pretty useless too. Now I only keep cloak on my largest most valuable planets, and hope it has some benefit, because I have flux probed nearly all of them and most of the ones I care about still show 0 other players. Several show players but I wouldn't care beyond the fun of having a fight to lose them so I don't flux them.

~Q

Then what is keeping your planets hidden ? I don't build anything defense/population/attack wise on any planets. Only cloak. This far I have 0 planets that are scanned besides the obvious ones that I conquered from players apparently idle. And that with 75, now 150 cloak on each planet, multiplied by legion bonus. Gotta count for something.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next