View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Dupes 

To Dan, Why are so many obvious dupes allowed to continue in the game, isnt this cheating?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 pm

If you find an 'obvious dupe' report them and provide evidence.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
why do i have to be the police? dont taze me bro i cant breath, and what resources do you suggest i use to get proof, what is proof? dan and fb have the resources, its their game and their rules and its not fair to expect players to be the police, i cant breath and my hands ARE up!

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:21 pm

KoBoar wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:
why do i have to be the police? dont taze me bro i cant breath, and what resources do you suggest i use to get proof, what is proof? dan and fb have the resources, its their game and their rules and its not fair to expect players to be the police, i cant breath and my hands ARE up!

"Police, I witnessed a man murder someone 3 years ago and the killer was never even investigated. Why not!?"

In addition to this obvious rebuttal to your idiocy, if someone is so obviously a multi then surely you have reason for believing that? As in some form of evidence leading you to that conclusion? Or do you just randomly pick people and decide, unfounded, that THEY are obvious multis.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:26 pm

*Misreads thread title

*Smokes joint

*Reflects on how those actions could be reversed

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:58 pm
Profile WWW

Malevolentia wrote:
KoBoar wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:

"Police, I witnessed a man murder someone 3 years ago and the killer was never even investigated. Why not!?"

In addition to this obvious rebuttal to your idiocy, if someone is so obviously a multi then surely you have reason for believing that? As in some form of evidence leading you to that conclusion? Or do you just randomly pick people and decide, unfounded, that THEY are obvious multis.

your eye witness testimony is not enough proof, show me more proof before i investigate, why should i believe you, just because there are all these dead bodies popping up everywhere doesnt mean there is a killer on the road.everybody know this is gl's dirty little secret. Either they cant or wont do anything about it.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:17 pm

KoBoar wrote:
your eye witness testimony is not enough proof, show me more proof before i investigate, why should i believe you, just because there are all these dead bodies popping up everywhere doesnt mean there is a killer on the road.everybody know this is gl's dirty little secret. Either they cant or wont do anything about it.

You completely missed the point. How is Dan supposed to know about these so called multis if you don't tell him? If nobody tells him? There are thousands of people playing this game, is he supposed to sit there and check out ALL OF THEM?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
KoBoar wrote:

You completely missed the point. How is Dan supposed to know about these so called multis if you don't tell him? If nobody tells him? There are thousands of people playing this game, is he supposed to sit there and check out ALL OF THEM?
ip, but real reason nothing is done is fear of lawsuits which they would lose

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:39 pm

KoBoar wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:
KoBoar wrote:

ip, but real reason nothing is done is fear of lawsuits which they would lose

if 2 or more ships are playing from the same IP address at the same time that would seem pretty suspicious, we could write an app for that easy

Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm

KoBoar wrote:
if 2 or more ships are playing from the same IP address at the same time that would seem pretty suspicious, we could write an app for that easy

Maybe that's not sufficient evidence. Also, where's your reason for perceiving all these obvious multis you mentioned to begin with? Surely you can't see everybody's IPs so what makes them so obvious to you?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Malevolentia wrote:
KoBoar wrote:

Maybe that's not sufficient evidence. Also, where's your reason for perceiving all these obvious multis you mentioned to begin with? Surely you can't see everybody's IPs so what makes them so obvious to you?

My husband tried to play GL a long time ago, on a different computer but in the same house - so we could have been logged in at the same time. Would we be sharing an IP address since both computers are connected to the same router? Granted, he didn't really care for the game and so doesn't play anymore, but at the time, could I have been mistaken for a multi because of this? How does it work when more than one household member plays GL?

I'm thinking IP addresses is not an adequate way to discover multis.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 pm

jaewillfam wrote:
Malevolentia wrote:
KoBoar wrote:

My husband tried to play GL a long time ago, on a different computer but in the same house - so we could have been logged in at the same time. Would we be sharing an IP address since both computers are connected to the same router? Granted, he didn't really care for the game and so doesn't play anymore, but at the time, could I have been mistaken for a multi because of this? How does it work when more than one household member plays GL?

I'm thinking IP addresses is not an adequate way to discover multis.

I think that if Dan has any reason to suspect that you are multis and then in addition to that you have the same IPs then he might ban you.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh, that is awful. :( Glad hubby didn't like the game then. I've spent a lot of money in this game and would hate to get banned.

So KoBoar, I second Malevolentia's question. What is making you think there are so many alt accounts on GL? What are the "obvious" characteristics of an alt?

Also, in lieu of officially reporting alts, if you'd rather not, just talk to the appropriate officers/leaders about why you think they're cheating. Many legions won't take any chances and will kick players suspected of having multiple accounts. Community/citizen policing is not a new phenomena/concept and so it IS fair and reasonable to expect players to work with Dan or at least legion leadership in identifying alts.

Just my two cents, but I am honestly curious about how to identify an alt. I thinks it is pretty clear that Dan and serious players do not want them around, so I want to know what to look for. I don't mind reporting someone as long as I'm certain there is no other explanation.

--Erica

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:36 pm

jaewillfam wrote:
Just my two cents, but I am honestly curious about how to identify an alt. I thinks it is pretty clear that Dan and serious players do not want them around, so I want to know what to look for. I don't mind reporting someone as long as I'm certain there is no other explanation.

we have had a couple at AU who have been stupid enough to post in legion comm that they have an alt in another legion. screenshots were taken and sent to Dan ... dunno if there was any action taken tho as they were also summarily punted from the legion.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:21 am
Profile WWW

I think koboar is the 'ko' dupe of an 'lo' boar.....we should investigate

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]