View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Qualms with how % base shipments are calculated 

How come former members' upgrade percentage are added to only current members'? This doesnt make sense and it should be changed so that the former members' upgrade percentage should be split evenly between all members.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:20 pm

I for one dont understand what you posted. Care to elaborate?

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:05 pm

Cut wrote:

if you look at the upgrades to the base .. everyone, including former members, are assigned a % based on their total contributions (which equate ctp and EM at the same ratio for some strange reason known only to Dan). when former members (or visitors paid to make massive energy donations) depart .. they still keep their percentage .. so if the base output is assigned based on percentage contribution, a bunch of base production is lost to those who are no longer members. the OP seems to want that re.apportioned.

i think it's fair the way it is. if someone else built the base, but is no longer there, the fact that remaining members can't re.apportion the % contribution is part of the appeal / opportunity cost. so with the big dogs out of the outhouse, keeping the base distribution divided evenly between all members is the only way to get maximum base output. doing it the OP's way, means that a lvl 8 base could give full production to a lowbie rank at 100% contribution .. which would just incentivize more alt.cheating.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Cut wrote:

if you look at the upgrades to the base .. everyone, including former members, are assigned a % based on their total contributions (which equate ctp and EM at the same ratio for some strange reason known only to Dan). when former members (or visitors paid to make massive energy donations) depart .. they still keep their percentage .. so if the base output is assigned based on percentage contribution, a bunch of base production is lost to those who are no longer members. the OP seems to want that re.apportioned.

i think it's fair the way it is. if someone else built the base, but is no longer there, the fact that remaining members can't re.apportion the % contribution is part of the appeal / opportunity cost. so with the big dogs out of the outhouse, keeping the base distribution divided evenly between all members is the only way to get maximum base output. doing it the OP's way, means that a lvl 8 base could give full production to a lowbie rank at 100% contribution .. which would just incentivize more alt.cheating.

I dont think its lost, I think it somehow divvied up amongst the members who have donated to the base.
I was saying that if Bob donates 40% to the base and leaves then everyone should get whatever 40%/61 is (if you have a 61 man legion).

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:43 am

It's a minor annoyance at best, the actual divide is different from the 'leaderboard' and correct as per the division. It would be nice if the inactive and ex legion members weren't counted in the % tally and moved down the list positioned after current members, making the stats correct both when looking and claiming.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:27 pm

Topherousenator wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Cut wrote:

I dont think its lost, I think it somehow divvied up amongst the members who have donated to the base.
I was saying that if Bob donates 40% to the base and leaves then everyone should get whatever 40%/61 is (if you have a 61 man legion).

any suggestion that benefits cheaters more than actual players of the game is an automatic thumbs down from me.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Cut wrote:

so if the base output is assigned based on percentage contribution, a bunch of base production is lost to those who are no longer members.

Are you certain about this? Because I don't think this is the case, which is the point I have been trying to make

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 am

I have noticed some Trainees/Graduates are listed as Current, when they havent been in the legion for quite awhile

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]