View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Facebook seems to have gone Haywire, can't log into GL 

Pitch Ninja wrote:
Dan, however long this issue goes on, and sadly I don't expect facebook to make a game like this a top priority but in the event it DOES get fixed, maybe you could extend the seasonal event as such, recalling that you did that once before?

I was thinking the exact same thing. We need more time.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:49 pm

"Apologies for how long this is taking - (we're still awaiting a reply)
We're considering extending the event duration, yes. At the very least, a special item of compensation will be made available."

Sadly, that reply may be a while is my guess. I mean it is Facebook service team we're talking about here....

That said, thank you for at least responding, Dan.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:15 pm

webguydan wrote:
Apologies for how long this is taking - (we're still awaiting a reply)

We're considering extending the event duration, yes. At the very least, a special item of compensation will be made available.

Thanks Dan! Let me start the avalanche of outrageous suggetions by putting in a plug for an artifact that converts Chuhn Stem Bolts into Fornax Jewels :-)

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:53 pm

never been able log in since yesterday use to be ever on this game maybe a kind of incredible not overpowered price to content us like a new 20hr ability that give scan or a reusable ability that gives x reward not that it be to much

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:13 pm

I think as compensation we should get 4 Orion Menageries and at least 2 days of production in some way. Other additional prizes could be a Planet Flux or two since I imagine many of us will have lost planets by now.

(Apparently IB snagged Exotica from us since we have no one online...and are distastefully bragging about it on social media. Some would call that cowardice.) :evil:

Edit: I made a one letter mistake. They say it is actually IB so my apologies to everyone at IC. (My post did say apparently since; like most people, I am unable to log on to GL.)

Last edited by CapitainePaul on Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Beeing that Fb is messing with us, what about current legion missions? will they expire as normal because some people can get on while the vast majority of us cant?

also item idea

Book of Face : grants the Ability "Who am i?"

Who am i? : once every 6 months allows for a race and profession change costs 500 energy and 100,000 exotic matter

Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:47 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:
I think as compensation we should get 4 Orion Menageries and at least 2 days of production in some way. Other additional prizes could be a Planet Flux or two since I imagine many of us will have lost planets by now.

(Apparently IC snagged Exotica from us since we have no one online...and are distastefully bragging about it on social media. Some would call that cowardice.) :evil:

Dammit! Now I have to switch from merchant to explorer so I can join the IC hunt.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:04 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

(Apparently IC snagged Exotica from us since we have no one online...and are distastefully bragging about it on social media. Some would call that cowardice.) :evil:

If IC snagged Exotica, it's news to us.

Proud Member, OBEvanKanobe Royal Big Rusty Behind with Huge Ego Society

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:43 pm

Exterminus wrote:
CapitainePaul wrote:

If IC snagged Exotica, it's news to us.

Edit: I made a one letter mistake. They say it is actually IB so my apologies to everyone at IC. (My post did say apparently since; like most people, I am unable to log on to GL.)

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
webguydan wrote:

We're considering extending the event duration, yes. At the very least, a special item of compensation will be made available.

Thanks Dan! Let me start the avalanche of outrageous suggetions by putting in a plug for an artifact that converts Chuhn Stem Bolts into Fornax Jewels :-)

I would love to convert Stem Bolts into something useful but I don't think Fornax Jewels would be it.

In the past when there has been screwups I think Dan has given us caches, although this feels like something worth more than a cache. If it is a cache that we get my suggestion is to not have it limited by our storage caps. Make it like the daily reward which goes past the cap. I think a couple times a year we get anniversary and tribute caches? Those are pretty disappointing. Lots of high ranked players and ships that have been around for a long time have production that storage comes nowhere near being sufficient. Getting a special cache a few times a year and getting 3 hours of production from it sucks. Regular NPC caches are fine, but special caches should be special.

Weird that the forum has started letting me log in again. I had given up years ago. Seems to accept my username and password again lol.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm

webguydan wrote:

Appreciate the updates Dan. Hopefully this gets resolved soon :)

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:42 pm

CapitainePaul wrote:

(Apparently IB snagged Exotica from us since we have no one online...and are distastefully bragging about it on social media. Some would call that cowardice.) :evil:

ZombieKiller531 from Galaxy Battleships is the only ship guarding Exotica at the present. #Receipts

Edit: TheMadBomber from Insane Brigade is now the only ship guarding Exotica at the present. #Receipts

I haven't tried for the medal, but when I do, I want a crack at it during full galaxy participation.

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:28 pm

How come a select few players have apparently managed to stay so active that their browser hasn't refreshed?

It doesn't feel good knowing some are taking advantage of this situation, disabling many, many players they normally couldn't, scanning planets, being able to collect resources, completing daily missions, etc. IMHO there should be some degree of rollback of the game to a time when we could all get in.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:08 am

JDoe01 wrote:
How come a select few players have apparently managed to stay so active that their browser hasn't refreshed?

It doesn't feel good knowing some are taking advantage of this situation, disabling many, many players they normally couldn't, scanning planets, being able to collect resources, completing daily missions, etc. IMHO there should be some degree of rollback of the game to a time when we could all get in.

It's really not that big a deal and Dan has said compensation will be given.

- Maybe those of who are able to play right now, miss out on said compensation ;)

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:04 am

JDoe01 wrote:

#1: Sorry about your feelings.

#2: I have consistent access to GL whilst opening and closing my Chrome browser using Win 10 PC at-will.
https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/ Try that.

#3: There may be some who take advantage of nuanced portions of the game whilst GL is less populated (i.e. Exotica). From what I have witnessed, there aren't too many players in the galaxy who are able to play consistently. In our legion, only four players have logged-in within the last 48 hours.

#4: Your FOMO far outweighs your grievance-filled plea of perceived damages. The sky could fall tomorrow, but has it actually occurred? Receipts required.

#5: What you and everyone else SHOULD be most concerned about are the players who keep trying to log-in and eventually quit, thinking GL has ceased existence. That could do more actual damage to the game than any of your petty grievances.

Last edited by Ultraxx on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Hey, just a thought here Mr WebGuyDan. If this whatever you call it.. brown-out or whatever lasts longer than 6 days, I'm going to suggest EVERYONE gets locked out of the game until this FB issue gets resolved.

From what I've heard it's like the wild west out there for the few getting on, disabling SSBs and tough ships, Exotica wrested away from the clutches of PA, that sort of thing. It would be a shame if 90-95% of us lose our legion bonuses and our well cloaked planets start getting found by the few lucky ships that are getting on.

Thoughts?

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:34 pm

Spudzy wrote:

From what I've heard it's like the wild west out there for the few getting on, disabling SSBs and tough ships, Exotica wrested away from the clutches of PA, that sort of thing.

Thoughts?

https://galaxylegionfb.com/galaxylegion/

"From what you've heard?" The real question should be, what have you actually witnessed? Recepts Required. Otherwise, you've just made stuff up.

Exotica was never created for PA's sole possession. I can actually verify two players who have controlled Exotica since the GL brown-out (with receipts). SSB's being disabled??? Really? The horror of it all. /eyeroll

Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:46 pm

For what it's worth, activity in the forum is up.

Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:49 pm

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions. This is my receipt Ultraxx that you keep saying people need.

That is my experience I get when I click on your link or try to copy paste Ultraxx. Per exotica I agree was never intended for any one legion to have sole control but that also doesn't mean it was intended for the select few to log in while everyone else is locked out and do whatever they want without consequence.

Maybe Dan should reevaluate the permissions given to the select few that have been able to log in and do whatever they want while everyone else is locked out.

The discord chat has Zombie Killer bragging about all the stuff they have been able to do while everyone else is locked out. That is where people's annoyance and irritation is coming from. If not for that I doubt people would be so riled up. Soooo Ultraxx you can take your crappy attitude and your eyerolls and if there is room next to your head kindly place them beside it back up your rear. Thanks!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Angelangel wrote:
Maybe Dan should reevaluate the permissions given to the select few that have been able to log in and do whatever they want while everyone else is locked out.

The discord chat has Zombie Killer bragging about all the stuff they have been able to do while everyone else is locked out. That is where people's annoyance and irritation is coming from. If not for that I doubt people would be so riled up. Soooo Ultraxx you can take your crappy attitude and your eyerolls and if there is room next to your head kindly place them beside it back up your rear. Thanks!

Exactly, why and how do a select few somehow still have access to a resource that's been 404'd for 3 days?

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next