View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Facebook seems to have gone Haywire, can't log into GL 

Angelangel wrote:
Cool when we can log in again Guide can you show me how to keep my browser active for 3 consecutive days so game never kicks me since those people did nothing wrong and no big secret to it?? Then perhaps you could make a tutorial so the rest of the Galaxy can also have this so we don’t run into this problem again! As some of us have jobs we eat sleep go to the bathroom come back and the game has refreshed so I am excited to learn something new!

Per people taking stuff personally maybe if everyone stopped jumping all over PA members when it was very clear more then PA had concerns and I’m okay with being labeled a toddler for expressing my concerns. ;)

That said Thank you Dan for the updates and for putting game in maintenance mode! I for one can not wait to log back in as you see I have a growing fan club that I can not wait to zero! As that is the PA way :)

I would also love that tutorial, thanks! :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:22 am

Angelangel wrote:
Cool when we can log in again Guide can you show me how to keep my browser active for 3 consecutive days so game never kicks me since those people did nothing wrong and no big secret to it?? Then perhaps you could make a tutorial so the rest of the Galaxy can also have this so we don’t run into this problem again! As some of us have jobs we eat sleep go to the bathroom come back and the game has refreshed so I am excited to learn something new!

I'm struggling to tell if you're being serious or sarcastic, but either way, no, I won't show anyone because there is no point, and I don't like it when people make baseless accusations.

Some people could still play and others couldn't. It is nobody's fault and nobody got any special treatment. I can understand why that feels unfair, but taking it out on fellow players who have done nothing wrong just is not acceptable IMO.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 am

Guide wrote:
Angelangel wrote:

I'm struggling to tell if you're being serious or sarcastic, but either way, no, I won't show anyone because there is no point, and I don't like it when people make baseless accusations.

Some people could still play and others couldn't. It is nobody's fault and nobody got any special treatment. I can understand why that feels unfair, but taking it out on fellow players who have done nothing wrong just is not acceptable IMO.

+1

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 am

Guide wrote:
Angelangel wrote:

So you DO have secrets. 8-)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:31 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
So you DO have secrets. 8-)

None, I'm an open book.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:39 am

None, I'm an open book.[/quote]

100%

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:51 am

Angelangel wrote:
I for one can not wait to log back in as you see I have a growing fan club that I can not wait to zero! As that is the PA way :)

PA was a more formidable legion 7 years ago. Since the "BLOCK" function in 2015, they're meh. I guess that's why obsess over Exotica these days. That's all they really have. #MiddleFingerYo

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:08 am

Phew - FB has resolved the issue and we've shut off the maintenance.

I appreciate everyone's patience. Please give us a couple days to roll out the extension + comps.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:19 am

webguydan wrote:

I appreciate everyone's patience. Please give us a couple days to roll out the extension + comps.

Thank you Dan

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:20 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
I demand justice

Wow, Karen.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 am

We're back

Dan fixed it. Thank you very much

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:24 am

Thank you Dan for fixing!!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:32 am

Thanks Dan.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:55 am

webguydan wrote:

Yay good job all around :)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:33 am

webguydan wrote:

Thanks for your work Dan and no hurry about the comps, most GL players have patience; don't mind the few Karens :D

Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:59 am

If DR doesnt want to lose it it, it wont be lost.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:36 pm

Angelangel wrote:

Per people taking stuff personally maybe if everyone stopped jumping all over PA members when it was very clear more then PA had concerns and I’m okay with being labeled a toddler for expressing my concerns. ;)

That said Thank you Dan for the updates and for putting game in maintenance mode! I for one can not wait to log back in as you see I have a growing fan club that I can not wait to zero! As that is the PA way :)

Ask KennethC , he is in PA and disabled me while game was down. Look within as they say :)

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:18 pm

XavZepherio wrote:
Hallucinations wrote:
webguydan wrote:
We're as frustrated as everyone in getting a timely response from FB, despite being assured that we would by now. Doing our best to escalate.

We're planning to extend the event by a week, as well as issue compensation items to mitigate the loss of production. Bear with us as we get this resolved. (The game has been put in maintenance as well)

Thanks for the update.

This community acting like little toddlers over exotica is so sad man :(

I totally agree there and those hammering about people cheating should be the ones on the ban list first

no one cheated or abused the situation and if you said they were,,,, you should be the one gone or they should be warned about being booted - from being overzealous

geez.... no one has a right to exotica

if you lost it due to a hurricane it be the same

maybe PA should never have exotica again -

Ban exotica from PA

What a complete and utter load of bollocks. Terms of service are clear, no exploiting flaws in the game. 99 percent of the player base being locked out is a flaw. Stealing Exotica or disabling ships that were locked out exploits that flaw. It's not an act of God, it's a deliberate action by a player to take advantage of what is obviously an unintended situation. Defending the exploit is contemptable.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:21 pm

Wow, everyone accusing us of whining about losing Exotica. We always seem to lose it after 6 or 7 months of no one bothering to take it, so it was due anyway, enjoy it while you still have it guys.

The only problem I see here is that some were able to stay logged in and play the game while the majority weren't able to, for them they were able to collect resources, do the daily seasonal mission, etc. Giving a cache, extending the event and some new cool artifact to everyone isn't ever going to take that 3-day advantage away or change the fact their browser sessions seem to never expire. Let's also please move away from the accusations of cheating, or debating if the advantage they took is as bad as cheating itself or not.

What I seek most is some reassurance from Dan that if we ever get to a point where 99% of players can't log in again that someone implements maintenance mode much, much sooner to alleviate the possible fallout next time.

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:55 pm

having a 404 or loss of service of your internet would be the same thing

in no way is anyone cheating or abusing the system because YOU can't get on

if you have a complaint make it to FB and sue them

even if the entire north america area was down if be the same

acts of god,... include server problems ...do you know why it's down and you don't have service - NO - could be rain hurricane,mudslide,tornadoi,snow,ice etc

the facts is those that never logged off got to play - thats not abuse nor is it cheating

i however was in the boat with the rest iof you not been able tio log in
did i comlain about how unfair it was - No

deal with it - life can be unfair

does dan have to compensate anyone for their internet or a server being down...no

I suppose you think its unfair if your internet goes down and you lose your planets therfore everyone else is cheating

what happens if your legion is in the same area -or state and your state loses internet...so your legion can't play but everyone else can....
you think everyone else is cheating?????
my god i think you need to understand what is a crime and what isn't

falsely stating that someone else is cheating wrongly could be ground for breaking TOS
if you falsely accused someone of a crime to police you could get charged for falsely accusing someone of a crime or laying down false statements

same goes here

before you go jumping any gun and do such a thing in the future consider that

be mindful not to accuse people falsely here

as far as PA having exotica most of the time.... i don't care if you had it so long...its not that big of a deal

just the whining about losing was..and ......oh!!!..... that PA couln't zero someone- or disable them for taking it

or that they couldn't tell who spammed them with artis when they got back online.... get over it

so some took some planets and disbale your guys and tou don't know who and how they did it
it's not the end of the world

it happens even when your on

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next