View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Is the shield glitch fixed? 

In case anyone doesn't know what I mean by shield glitch, it's when a base with 3 M or more shields seems to be limited to 1200-2k DPS max. People who know about these things tell me it was because of the bottleneck created by going through FB and the game having to calculate all the ship and shield buffs on the base for each hit, compounded by lower damage hitters sometimes overriding higher damage hitters. (Computer guys, cut me some slack. I am not a techie)

For a while, on bases with unbuffed shields, 30 minutes per 1 M shield seemed like the norm. In the last two weeks that has changed. We've done a base with just over 3 M shields, and one with 4.1 M, and got them down within 15 minutes. Those are unbuffed shields, we haven't done a big base with buffed shields yet to see if it's better on those, too

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this?

Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:23 pm

Yes, I have noticed the difference also, but ...

Its not fixed, it just currently has less impact. On a recent base buffed base with about 10 people hitting, the sum of individual hitters damage in relation to the damage registered on the base (including shield refreshes) was about 1.8:1 ... In the past this has been more than 3:1

This is probably due to the improvement to the servers, but may also be due to the dwindling player base. Lag in the game appears to be proportional to the shield glitch extent.

When seasonal starts, I expect shield glitch to be more apparent.

Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 am

Interesting, thank you!

Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]