View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Octafari Leviathon 

Hi, i played GL years years ago and really enjoyed it. I created a new facebook account and had to start again and lost interest so much, so my basic rank 2 ship sat like that for maybe 5 or 6 years. I came back last year and was really enjoying the game however the mission Embattled Retreat hasnt spawned me a single leviathon in over 4 months with 4 active NPC battle tabs and me dedicating over 50 ranks of energy into it almost exclusively. Has this mission had its NPC spawn rate capped for account age due to people farming CTP?

Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:37 pm

azgard1 wrote:
Hi, i played GL years years ago and really enjoyed it. I created a new facebook account and had to start again and lost interest so much, so my basic rank 2 ship sat like that for maybe 5 or 6 years. I came back last year and was really enjoying the game however the mission Embattled Retreat hasnt spawned me a single leviathon in over 4 months with 4 active NPC battle tabs and me dedicating over 50 ranks of energy into it almost exclusively. Has this mission had its NPC spawn rate capped for account age due to people farming CTP?

No, I still get them.

Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:12 pm

Annihilator wrote:
azgard1 wrote:

No, I still get them.

my RNG must just be shockingly bad ^^

Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:15 pm

You haven't finished the mission, right? Once you have completed it, you don't spawn the NPC. It's the only mission in the game like that

Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:15 am

xencindy wrote:
You haven't finished the mission, right? Once you have completed it, you don't spawn the NPC. It's the only mission in the game like that

1 have finished 2 rounds of 15?(cant remember exact number) but the mission very much still active

Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:42 am

azgard1 wrote:

Considering it requires more hits to take down one of those than a rogue tech collector, it's not a good theory. Someone keeping the mission up and killing them may rank while hitting overall fewer npcs compared to just hitting tech collectors.

Now I'll ask how many npcs you're hitting. I remember them taking around 100 kills to find average.

Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:17 pm

xencindy wrote:

There were a handful of missions that spawned special npcs which stop after completing. The sileena chain had one too. Mostly the earlier ones though.

Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:19 pm

If I recall correctly, the mission needs to be active in order for the enemies to spawn - makes sure your current round counter is not 0 / 60, but at 1 / 60 (or any number not 0).

I could be wrong, but it's worth trying anyway.

Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:54 pm

What rank are you? There may be a rank cap on them, potentially, in which case they'd stop spawning.

Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:30 pm

Thaumanovic wrote:
If I recall correctly, the mission needs to be active in order for the enemies to spawn - makes sure your current round counter is not 0 / 60, but at 1 / 60 (or any number not 0).

the other trick is to go through the entire mission briefing once a day before you start hunting NPCs.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Thaumanovic wrote:

the other trick is to go through the entire mission briefing once a day before you start hunting NPCs.

There is no mission briefing for "Embattled Retreat"...

Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:07 am

Annihilator wrote:
senatorhung wrote:
Thaumanovic wrote:

every mission that i still have on my tab still has a 'Mission Briefing' button that can be clicked (which generally activates any mission that spawns NPCs)

_____________Image

Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Meso1995 wrote:
azgard1 wrote:

Considering it requires more hits to take down one of those than a rogue tech collector, it's not a good theory. Someone keeping the mission up and killing them may rank while hitting overall fewer npcs compared to just hitting tech collectors.

Now I'll ask how many npcs you're hitting. I remember them taking around 100 kills to find average.

im downing on average maybe 10-20 a day? probably more but thats a conservative estimate. But since activating that portion of mission id say ive killed in the region of 300-400 NPCs with 0 spawn at all.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:03 pm

azgard1 wrote:
Meso1995 wrote:
azgard1 wrote:

im downing on average maybe 10-20 a day? probably more but thats a conservative estimate. But since activating that portion of mission id say ive killed in the region of 300-400 NPCs with 0 spawn at all.

Keep trying. And the numbers aren't a rule. It can be more or less. I've had days no troop carriers show and then the next day 3 of them pop up almost back to back.

In any case, 10-20 npc kills is nothing. It's supposed to be a grind.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:43 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
senatorhung wrote:

every mission that i still have on my tab still has a 'Mission Briefing' button that can be clicked (which generally activates any mission that spawns NPCs)

I meant no "Replay" button after clicking the mission briefing and apparently so did you since you said to go through the "entire mission briefing"...

Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:57 am

Annihilator wrote:
I meant no "Replay" button after clicking the mission briefing and apparently so did you since you said to go through the "entire mission briefing"...

some mission briefngs have a replay button, some don't. i gave the OP enough information to be able to proceed. thank you for your hilarious attempt to cover your ignorance by further clarifying YOUR unhelpful comment. keep it up buttercup !

_____________Image

Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

some mission briefngs have a replay button, some don't. i gave the OP enough information to be able to proceed. thank you for your hilarious attempt to cover your ignorance by further clarifying YOUR unhelpful comment. keep it up buttercup !

lol, it is so funny to see you trying to go around because you always want to be right! You stated to "go through the entire mission briefing" which only makes sense for missions with a Replay button like seasonal missions. You are the only reason why I didn't try joining the wiki admins. Once I sent you a message for a suggested correction about a planet arti that is not marked as non-extractable and you just came back with some stupid reply that I should prove it...

You wanted to be first and in the 3 rankings and when you realized you had no chance in the hacks leaderboard you stopped posting stuff in the forum about them and has accused HBIYD of cheating by using scripts... FYI there is something outside GL ;)

Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:41 pm

Keep trying. And the numbers aren't a rule. It can be more or less. I've had days no troop carriers show and then the next day 3 of them pop up almost back to back.

In any case, 10-20 npc kills is nothing. It's supposed to be a grind.[/quote]

Update: Just got 2 in a row ahah silly RNGesus

Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]