View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ideas to ponder 

Here are some of the ideas I've come up with.

1) I've seen alot of complaints lately on how easy it is for low lvls to take a planet (and how cheap it is to colonize by them) while it is extremely expensive to take back and to re-colonize. People have said to put lots of def/attack/cloak on a planet so they can't scan or take. But the problem is, if you put so much of that on it defeats the purpose of the planet because you now don't have much resource gathering buildings on it. So I propose a buildings that can be built that are similar to the chassis artifacts. I believe if you make the space requirement for the def/att/cloak it would be used more. So for buildings that give +1 or +2 to a resource, for 1 more space requirement you would get +10 def/attack/cloak per resource point. For buildings that give +3 or +4 it would cost 2 spaces. and so on. Now the ability to build these buildings should cost something. So say 1 mil cred (or maybe 3 Galaxy Points) you can build the +1/+2 versions, for 10 million (or 10 GP) you can build the +3/+4 versions.

so examples.
+1 research and +10 defense would be a size of 5
+2 research and +20 defense would be a size of 8
+3 research and +30 defense would be a size of 11
+4 research and +40 defense would be a size of 13

I would keep the chassis that are multiple resources (ie +1 research and +1 mining) as artifacts only.

2) another complaint I've heard is the expense of hull repairs (which overall reduces the amount of battling). So an idea is a Dry Dock for your ship. During dry dock your ship will repair its hull very very slowly. Maybe 1 point for every 10 minutes. But at the penalty is that energy stops recharging. You cannot gain energy while in Dry Dock. Maybe make it cost energy as well? (say 25 energy to Dock)

3) I'd like to see missions occasionally that require multiple people to perform. Say maybe a Galactic Monster or ship (maybe Prejor attack). And you can pick up to 5 people to help you Kill this ship for a premium reward. Now to accomplish this I believe the same person could be in multiple parties (but his attacking counts only once per person). Say person A invites C to his party. Person B also invites C. When C attacks and hits for 30 points, it will take 30 points off of A, B, and C's monster/ship. Now C would still be fighting his mission alone til he invites people to join him. This concept allows people with small legions to fill their parties. I don't know if all that makes complete sense as you read it cause its hard to get across, but at least take into account the group mission aspect ;P

4) At the moment, I see very little fighting in the game. To promote more fighting in galaxy, the following ideas.

- More xp for winning fights. I don't know about higher lvls but at lower lvls its not enough to really level from. I'd like to see fighting as a alternative to missions to level your character.
- the above dry dock idea
- Have items in storage incur half or 1/4 the upkeep cost so people are more liable to want to keep weapons/def/shield items and not just sell them.
- Make the 3 reactors space size constant like the relays (maybe 10 spaces) so that a full set of reactors/relays would only take up 50 spaces on ship. Thus leaving more room for weapons/def modules/shields/cloaking devices.
- Put hacking and raiding on separate timers so you get more bang for your buck. And besides no one in their right mind keeps minerals on their ship so when raiding your only hoping for the critical strike to get an artifact. So hacking makes more sense for the research and critical planet find.

5) When people start game, there is a chance the first couple scans could be all really crappy planets (tiny and sparse). Maybe everyone starts with a home planet that is OK (not great, not bad). So I'd say an average size planet with average mining, artifact, research. I believe it can make people quit the game early when all the planets they can colonize are so crappy that the game seems too slow in the beginning.

6) Planetary Bank. Place to store minerals for use. ATM all I do is collect my minerals then sell at the -20% penalty and then when I want to build something I buy em. At a higher level I might be willing to sacrifice the resource output of 1 planet and make it all def/attack/cloak just to have this ability.

7) ARTIFACT STACKING PLEASE!!!!

8) Please move the GUI placement of the ship attack screen and mission screen down a little bit. As of now the pop up bar on the top that shows what is happening when you attack other people and when doing missions where it shows you being hit by an attack covers the 3 bars in upper left (energy, Hull, Shield). So you cannot see how badly damaged you are without exiting the ship attack screen or mission screen. (this is just a little pet peeve and annoying)

9) System alert when someone STARTS attacking your planet. That way if your on, you can respond and attack the sneaky bastard and scare them off. Also this will prevent people from using alts to take planets (ie use high lvl char to bring down the planet then an alt to invade). OR, make some of those nifty trap artifacts for planets (unless you already have).

10) ATM even at high levels space on the ship is the utmost premium. So every level my rank points go into decks and cargo - decks and cargo - decks and cargo. So really can't bring myself to hiring crew members with those points. So some different ideas

- every level get 5 rank points and 1 crew member. or maybe every 5 levels you get a crew crew member.
- Game achievements where you get a crew member. Examples - first invasion, every 25th successful hack, every 10th kill, every 100k research points learned, every planet colonize, every time your ship grows in size (every 25 decks i think?), every 5 levels gained, amassing 100million credits.

11) Some missions have multiple requirements. I've spent money building weapons cause when hovering over the gray bar it says Requires 100 attack. Only to find now I also must have 250 defense. #&$#, now i don't have the space or maybe haven't learned the research tree to get the other requirement. Show all requirements somehow.

12) Mission rewards tell me what its called and shows what it looks like, but before I spend the 4000 energy points to get it, I'd like to know what it does. I've gotten some crappy rewards that if I had known I would have spent my energy somewhere else.

13) Don't know how you would fit this in, but when you have 100+ planets its a bit tough to search them for the best resources. I'd personally like to see columns that show this in the planet list. ATM the columns are picture of planet, planet name, planet type, planet size, colony, control. I'd like to add Mining, Artifact, Research. If it can't fit, remove Type and Colony (i'd rather have to click the planet itself to see those than the Mining, Artifact, Research). Besides you can tell the Type from the picture ;P

14) A buy this option when building things. Nothing is more annoying than building structures on a planet or modules for your ship and you need more Darrinyte. Would like a button that will say something (you don't have enough Darrinyte to build this would you like to purchase? yes/no)

15) the sell all button that was discussed in another post for minerals.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I was so tempted to quote the whole thing but I think Dan might get tired of scrolling v.v

A lot of good ideas tho!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm

All great ideas. I think I will focus on the 'Artifact Stacking' first...

This is another reason why I love working on a game like this. The players tend to be filled with intelligent, creative people :)

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:58 pm

webguydan wrote:
All great ideas. I think I will focus on the 'Artifact Stacking' first...

This is another reason why I love working on a game like this. The players tend to be filled with intelligent, creative people :)

OH NOES WE ARE ALL FILLED WITH PEOPLE? LIKE LITTLE PEOPLE? :shock:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:33 pm

(coth seal of approval)

_
} }
} }____
} }____}
} }____}
} }____}

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 pm

You will be happy to know that #7 and #15 in your list are complete. See the News & Updates for patch details.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:50 am

Yes, Planetary traps are coming!! Stay tuned...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 am

sweet!! tried them out tonight too. works great

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]