View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Race/Class 

Dan I just wanna congrat you on making a unique and fun game.

Only problem I have with it is the mechanics involved in choosing a race/class.

While the tooltips for each are helpful in deciding which race/class we want to play as, it is difficult to make an accurate decision without the context of having played the game. The race/class of a player is fairly central to their chosen play style, for myself I picked the Human Raider, and everytime I level up I wish I had choosen a different combo lol. I made an uniformed and semi-permantent decision, without knowing what the game was like.

I'm aware that paying money enables a player to change class/race. I have no problem paying for artifacts, buildings etc. and I believe that you gotta get paid for the work that you did making the game. Paying for a race/class change, something with really no inherrent advantages, seems kinda lame.

Allowing a player to re-roll, with limits applied, I don't think is unfair, and hopefully won't cost you too much revenue.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:15 pm

There is a way to change your race and profession w/o paying money, waiting to get galaxy points from daily rewards. But having a second chance to make a more informed decision about it would be nice. Maybe let you change it unlimited times until you get to a certain rank.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:20 pm

I agree that allowing a 1-time change (for free) is OK. I wanted to make sure that players did not change very frequently, such as changing to Konqul right before attacking/invading, etc, and thus a charge is imposed to make it infrequent but possible.

Let me think about this one... but for now, send me a direct PM (private message) with your player name.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]