View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Engineered Virus 

The first thing I noticed when I used it on a planet I wanted is that even though the planet had population, it instantly dropped the population number to 1/w.e.

This seems a bit odd as it is supposed to halt the growth of a planet not kill the planet off right? I guess the description is a little misleading if it is supposed to actually drop it to 1.

Anyway, I decided to take this planet over (because it had some good mineral-age) and did so. What I noticed was that the engineered virus never went away. I would think that as an engineered virus, if the person who sent it took it over, the virus would be cured by the person who engineered it. AKA: The effect of the artifact would be nullified. Well the effect wasn't nullified and I am kinda a sitting duck (thank god I can guard the planet) but I am going to have to guard it for 24 hours now.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:48 pm

It is not *intended* to drop the population instantly. That would be an issue...

The effects of all artifacts used on the planet last until they expire, regardless of what they do. Besides, During your invasion, I'm sure something crossed over :)

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 pm

webguydan wrote:
It is not *intended* to drop the population instantly. That would be an issue...

The effects of all artifacts used on the planet last until they expire, regardless of what they do. Besides, During your invasion, I'm sure something crossed over :)

My point is those who engineer a virus, usually have a antidote. They then either sell the antidote for a lot of money or use it if worst comes to worst >.>

But glad to help point it out. After reading the Populationrate-99.9% it would make sense as it would put out of 100 1/100 would be left. I just thought it was saying it was halting population growth in the description. Which it does but it also drops it to 1 (or it did for me)

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]