View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Sensor effecting artifacts 

I understand the need for artifacts that boost your sensors, cloak, what have you. I certainly like the artifacts that decrease enemy player weapons, defenses. The disable cloak artifact is nice but why can I not find an artifact that will temporarily disable or reduce someone's scanners.

I am currently trying to get my hacks up to unlock a mission. I have my cloak over 200 and I tried to hack a guy that had really weak sensors (5 or 6 points from the AI Supercomputer) and I failed the hack miserably. If a roll between my cloak and that amount of sensor fails then there is something wrong. I would really like to see a way to offset this with something like a "Mock Solar flare" artifact that temporarily blinds enemy ship for a short time.

Just as a side note. I love coming home from work everyday and collecting my artifacts. I can't wait to see if any future artifacts will be more advanced structures that do more than (20 cloak 1 research) or (20 attack 1 mine), love to see something for 6000+ points and would do like 100 defense and 3-4mine, research or artifact.

Great bloody game.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Well i dont see how this could really be abused and this would be useful for hacking others which unless you can critical hack is underpowered (IMO).
Im all for it.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Adding a scan-block/blinder is possible, maybe I can fit that on my list of things this weekend :)

Keep in mind that although the hack requires cloak, the "roll" is based on the combined cloak + scan of both ships. Thus, if the defending ship has a very high cloak rating, they can still decently thwart off a hack. A Positron Clouder can help for that :0

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 pm

I have to say that seeing how involved the dev is in this game is extremely impressive. Some of the best games are those that are made by the gamers as well as the original creative devs.

Another thing, what do people think of disabling the scrap option to artifacts like Tesseract Containers, Android Scientists, Engineers, Helmsmen. You know artifacts that perm upgrade ships. I only bring this up because I accidentally scrapped a Tessy Container today and I am extremely upset with myself.

Add: Good to know about how the roll works for hacks, thanks WebGuyDan

Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 am

Ok. The artifact "Quantum Flare" has been added to the list and market. It costs a little higher because of the "annoyance factor".

I'll let a few more players weigh in on your scrap comment. Sometimes they get desperate for cash :)

Sat May 01, 2010 4:21 am

maybe just add one of those damn annoying "are you sure you want to do this?" comments. I accidently used my 5 day invincibility artifact on my planet cause when i went to click something else, the screen shifted, moving my cursor over it. no big deal imo. I would have never used it really.

Sat May 01, 2010 5:51 am

Aggross wrote:
maybe just add one of those damn annoying "are you sure you want to do this?" comments. I accidently used my 5 day invincibility artifact on my planet cause when i went to click something else, the screen shifted, moving my cursor over it. no big deal imo. I would have never used it really.

ya as much as i hate em there better then accidently using your mutagenic cartridges and selling one of your relays......ya i did those

Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

Well, what happens if you accidentally demolish the psionic amplifier?? Is it gone forever?

Sat May 01, 2010 6:48 am

idk for sure but ya, i think so.....

Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

That's bad... there should be a way to get it back, or make it undemolishable...

Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 am

Yeah they are gone forever. I did that to an android myself v.v

I am really afraid that I might do it to my prejor scanners that I got.

Actually I also was selling my Defensive items because I had a really low one to round my defense out to 600 and I sold one of my microwarp nacelles. I was pretty pissed =P

Sat May 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Add a confirm box beside each Demolish/scrap like the Sell All minerals.
Some people would hate this idea though, extra click to get rid of items/modules

Sat May 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Or perhaps make it a game preference (warn me before xxxx...)

Sat May 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Barracuda wrote:
Well, what happens if you accidentally demolish the psionic amplifier?? Is it gone forever?

what does this weapon do?

Sat May 01, 2010 7:39 pm

its basically a module that is incredibly useful during planetary invasions

Sat May 01, 2010 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]