View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 What new researchable technologies would you like to see? 

This post is different, because it's where you give suggestions - of what new technologies to add to the game. (Whenever I have an idea come to mind, I'll post them myself.)

Don't forget to describe what it is and how it'd be useful to us, therefore why it should be added to GL. Thanks.

- Asheron

PS: I just finished researching "Hyper Logistics." I don't believe there will be an end to invention and research, at least not in RL. GL should have invention and research continue as well.

Daily missioner, NPC'er.
Mylarai: enriches often.
Gives base spare energy before ranking, as able.
Mutually jocular drama favored.

Get MANY daily benefits & elites as an IMMINENT DARKIE TODAY!

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:39 am
Profile WWW

"advanced (science name)" (starts at twice the reserch cost of the prevous teir ) can be purchased until all moduals are size 0

Effect makes the highest ranked moduals 1 size smaller (the best version) per research, can eventually hit 0.

Advanced buildings cost double the previous teir. can be purchased unlimited times.

Each rank adds +1 production to all the +12 buildings

Advanced Logistics (each teir is 2 ranks, costs double after each tier )

Each purchase your legion to gain 1 space and 1 special space the legion only uses the highest researched option from all members, if a member with the highest leaves it goes to the next highest and you must remove moduals from your legion to even out the imbalance you can not collect any shipments until the balance is delt with.

That will add afew billion RP to the research tree.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:14 am

I think more weapon/defense/hull upgrades will be welcomed. I've discovered from other folks that modules become almost irrelevant on your ship past a certain rank, and adding tactical officers become more beneficial. The game is pretty much suggesting that you don't add decks, but why have decks at all if it hurts your attack ratio?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:55 pm

None. Just new discoveries for the CT Lab.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

more cloak

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:51 am

More cloak will only have people ask for more scan and an endless cycle will begin. Planets are already hard enough to fully cloak AND still get good AP production.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:26 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
More cloak will only have people ask for more scan and an endless cycle will begin. Planets are already hard enough to fully cloak AND still get good AP production.

I'm pretty sure Kool meant ship cloak, given his undying love for that.
Would not necessarily need to effect planet cloak mods (none of which really should be on any good planet if possible) to add ship mods.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:44 am

Then it was an entirely selfish post to increase one of his own stats for no apparent reason then.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:54 am

CapitainePaul wrote:
Then it was an entirely selfish post to increase one of his own stats for no apparent reason then.

I kinda think any suggestion here from anyone would always be "selfish" because you are answering the OP's question of "What new researchable technologies would you like to see?"
I don't think it's that strange that the things people tend to want to see is stuff that they want.
*shrugs* I don't care if nothing gets ever gets added tbh, but ship cloaking doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:10 am

More prejor tech and exotic stuctures
Well, more accurately, more nonbasic researchable structures that you can build. Perhaps a customizable structure that you can enhance with future research upgrades

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:46 am

more uses for polical favor and xts would be nice

Spy status_ #1 Cloak master in galaxy
Moooooooooooooooooooo!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:22 pm

I'd like to see something more unique... Like final tiers to each tree, granting something in a limited manner or for a certain period of time. Kind of like the CT Lab, but the research is required in the actual recipe.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:06 am

I've always felt that base battle needed more battling. Examples could be New discoveries where we could stack unwanted arts like cloning pods and ship bots to make artillery to counter attack attacking legions like a bio weapon that forces random attackers to use more e to attack for a duration. New structures for legion bases to hold such artillery, bio weapons, emp's, etc. but would have to limit the amount of ammo a base could have as well as putting a cool down timer on resuppling the base. I think bases should be much much more customizable in this aspect. Some bases could be hull and def heavy and others more counter attack heavy. This is a good thread for me to fantasize these possibilities...with the game being artifact production based and ships with numerous amounts of unwanted arts. The game should adapt to use them in this manner. But the discoveries must be recipes that require large amounts of these unwanted arts to make the actual ammo valuable. Other base counter attack abilities could also require more desirable arts like energy cubes and x-cells, etc. wouldn't it be nice to launch a e cube to drop all attacking ships energy reserves by a large portion? That would make beastly base hitting players more Cautious and strategy would be required to take bases rather than just player numbers

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:48 pm

New discovery ideas that allow you to build a ship structure to house extra abilities. Abilities to be perminately stored in this structure, three or so, that are also discoverable. To replace them you'd have to destroy the structure and rebuild. Abilities could be scrapping large amounts of arts at once for ctp. BOOM! new black market currency required. There Should be many abilities as this is a SciFi game and we should be more science fictional. Ship structure should also be big so to force ssb to reconsider their builds. I think lsb should have more abilities than a ssb as they would fit the narrative of their ships size class. A star destroyer should be have the "abilities" a cruiser doesn't. could also force the issue and make abilities ship class specific. Now there is an idea that some ppl won't like. Maybe a legion with players that are more mission based and have no need for special pvp abilities could be built to manufacture ctp from the legions stores of crap arts. Turn around and use the ctp to build base ammo. Legions like this would make players feel more engaged into the game and feel a sense of belonging. Let's see if I can restrain myself from making another post in this thread

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:14 pm

These base abilities would have to take up base space in order to not be OP forcing legions to drop hull/shields, def, and att for them. Bases wouldn't have massive amounts of these abilities in store and a cool down period between each restocking. Upon ability use legion should be notified on the abilities effectiveness in some manner (examples: x number of ships effected by xxxx effects, x number of ship lost x number of ship modules) The point of these ideas is to make it more realistic to have a base battle. Recovery shouldn't just be for the defending legion base. Attackers should have to recover as well and not just repair and move on

Base ability:
Bio weapon effect- (let's make it personal but not too personal) kill small random amounts of TO's/helmsmen on (random/largest?) top attacking players (who else would be targeted in a base battle). Requires 2 base AP, rounds built from discovery lab (limit 3?)(4 minute cool down?)

Emp effects- Long term base battle recovery 48 hours no energy regeneration, 10% chance to drop 90% of attacking ship's energy reserves (random targets?) requires 2 base AP, rounds loaded with 1 Energy Cubes? (Unlimited? 4?) (2 hour cool down?)

Concussion artillery- disabling random structures on random portions of attacking player's ships. Requires 1 base AP, rounds built from discover lab (limited:8?) (4 min cool down per round?)

Rounds are applied to base like any base art

discovery lab arts:
Base defense modules- bio weaponry, Emp, concussion artillery module (base space sizes 4-12?) costs xxx arts, xxx arts, xxx arts. 500? energy

Bio weapon rounds- costs xxx cloning pods?, xxx arts, xxx arts. 200 energy (20 hour cool down?)

Concussion rounds- costs xxx arts, xxx arts, xxx arts. 100 energy (cool down?)

Emp rounds- could just be energy cubes loaded into a base structure, why not?

Emp defense art- limiting effect from 48 hours to just 12 and decreasing energy lost from 90% to 50% (1 hour duration?) costs xxx arts, xxx arts, xxx arts. 100 energy

Crew immunization art- counters bio weapon effects in crew (1-4 hour duration?)
costs xxx arts, xxx arts, xxx arts. 100 energy

Smaller legions could just be bricked as bases already are now without installing counter tactical modules. Larger legions shouldn't have to just sit and wait with fingers crossed and adding the damage dealt to them over and over again to see if they can survive the attack. Instead these ideas can help legions to actually engage their attackers a bit more

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Interesting, I might add that maybe for the Bio weapon that it only reduces TO/Helmsmen from ships of rank 1000 (or at very least 500) or greater. if this things zaps a trainnee or low rank player that can really hurt them for trying too hit the base.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]