View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 charged abilities 

Just some random thoughts:

Trip 50 halcyon traps within 24 hours : peace breaker ability... Suspends the activation of the next halc trap you trip for 2 minutes

Attack 25 times ... Double attack , ignores cap

Collect 50 yellow badges in a day , next raid gets 100% bonus chance crit success

Collect 50 blue badges in a day , next hack gets 100% bonus chance in crit success

Scan 20 planets consecutively with no fails next scan has ? Bonus

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:34 am

Leave halcs alone they have been bagered enough.

Attack one and yellow one are fine, I certanly do NOT like the blue one at all though.

Scan 1000 planets in a daywithout fail and gain 1% greater chance of finding an unoccupied dyson. for the next 24 hours :) buff removed if you scan a dyson or have scaned a dyson in the last 48 hours.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:16 pm

bypassing halcs sounds like a terrible idea

an special attack that bypasses damage cap is even worse, there are plenty of small ship builds that have close to no deffense cause the low damage cap keeps the damage low, if you allow bypassing the damage cap it might as well be removed, and there's been plenty of talk about how that would be a terrible idea

yellow and scan ones seens fine

blue one is a bad idea, crit hacs are extremely rare (as they should be), i don't like the idea of being able to 'force' a crit hack, this means you can target a specific person to steal planets from him

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:45 pm
Profile WWW

AEnterprise_ wrote:

an special attack that bypasses damage cap is even worse, there are plenty of small ship builds that have close to no deffense cause the low damage cap keeps the damage low, if you allow bypassing the damage cap it might as well be removed, and there's been plenty of talk about how that would be a terrible idea

blue one is a bad idea, crit hacs are extremely rare (as they should be), i don't like the idea of being able to 'force' a crit hack, this means you can target a specific person to steal planets from him

I may have misinterepted this but I thought it would be every 25 hits you get 1 hit at double attack/damage cap so effectifly a single good crit, which is hardly unreasonable.... Now if I am misunderstanding this one as somthign else I may have to change my view on it. I thought it basicly amonts to a 4% attack buff that is spent on a single shot (that deals double damage)

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:28 pm

draxsiss wrote:
AEnterprise_ wrote:

I may have misinterepted this but I thought it would be every 25 hits you get 1 hit at double attack/damage cap so effectifly a single good crit, which is hardly unreasonable.... Now if I am misunderstanding this one as somthign else I may have to change my view on it. I thought it basicly amonts to a 4% attack buff that is spent on a single shot (that deals double damage)

That was the idea

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:04 am

detregets wrote:
draxsiss wrote:
AEnterprise_ wrote:

That was the idea

yes but let's say you tackle my ship with a cap of 188, and i don't have much deffense, it's all comming from helmsmen i get from androids. if you can ignore my cap you could probably do insane amounts of damage to my ship due to the low defense (as the cap pretty much negates that) and that would make chewing through my hull to easy i think

Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:47 am
Profile WWW

im interpreting that as doubling the attack number as a ship stat. i think doubling the attack damage dealt is more reasonable, unless thats what ur suggesting

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:24 am

To me, all the ideas are pretty ordinary and some absolutely awful.

The main one people seem to be talking about is the damage cap one.
The confusion is understandable because doubling attack and ignoring cap does not mathematically work at all, even a little.
The damage cap is the multiplier by which all damage is calculated... ignore it and the equation simply does not work.

I can't believe I am saying it, because I think the idea is pretty sucky in general, but what you really should be suggesting is that the damage cap is doubled for the extra "25 attack" crit hits.
Why something as simple as clicking attack on your ship should affect the defensive capabilities of the other in that way is beyond me.

Hate to break it to you, but this idea will hurt more average or casual players even more.
Double damage caps on ships that can already take almost 10000 damage means they explode all the quicker.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:06 am

SHH he is trying to suggest click reduction.... any click reduction is a good click reduction :P even if its just 4% click reduction on npcing/pvping....

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:19 pm

draxsiss wrote:
SHH he is trying to suggest click reduction.... any click reduction is a good click reduction :P even if its just 4% click reduction on npcing/pvping....

Wink wink

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]