View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Doppelganger planets 

Have an option that clones a invincible planet that a person has on scan then the actual planet can be purged while the double can be owned. It could be a GP item it's up to you. It's a shame to see those planets go to waste though.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Zycen1 wrote:
Have an option that clones a invincible planet that a person has on scan then the actual planet can be purged while the double can be owned. It could be a GP item it's up to you. It's a shame to see those planets go to waste though.

it only takes 5 seconds worth of contemplation to come up with problems with this inane suggestion.

1. implementation: each planet in the game has a separate ID number. Dan releases tranches of new planets every time the colonization percentage has gotten high enough, but a new swath has not been released since 2016. the only new planets since then have been newly created Prismatics .. Vorigars .. Ecumenopoli.

2. abuse: any suggestion that does not consider how it will be abused by known cheaters automatically fails for me. in this case, there are known scan alts that would just get more ammunition for their antics.

3. necessity: there are plenty of juicy planets that can be scanned out there without resorting to duplicating an invincible one. just frigging scan more. if you are short on purgers .. buy some EM on the GTC and run the purger mission.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
Zycen1 wrote:
3. necessity: there are plenty of juicy planets that can be scanned out there without resorting to duplicating an invincible one. just frigging scan more. if you are short on purgers .. buy some EM on the GTC and run the purger mission.

Or just make your own, or have someone make it for you. There are plenty of good project planets out there if you just look. You also have to be willing to spend the resources to make it, just like the person whose invincible planet you want to take did.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 am

I would like to respond to your comments:

First: Go make your own planets & Necessity I do, have done , and will continue to make my own planets. Just because someone used four Morphogenic Inhibitors (in most cases) then left the game makes it my problem why? Planets are resources that should be used. So I think if there was a GP item that could be purchased for such a purpose why not. I am not talking about active players planets. This is simply for inactive players.
Second: Abuse. If people wanna cheat they will try. We can be afraid of that. We had cheaters making all kinds of alt accounts and the sad truth is there are some probably STILL doing it. So what?
Third : Scan. I have and do scan. I make purgers often.
Forth: Implementation. This is tough because I just learned something about the game with this one. I have no idea how long it takes to code the planet.
Last and not least IT'S ONLY A SUGGESTION!!!! Dan is under no pressure to do anything so the "inane" remark is futile at best. If you did not like the suggestion just simply say you don't like it and move on.

Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:45 pm

when a planet becomes INVINCIBLE .. it becomes IMMUNE to enemy activity.

dan already made an exception (as he did for the warp inhibitor) to allow people to purge those planets so they are not penalized in terms of scanning ability.

other than that, i see no reason to allow any further interaction with INVINCIBLE planets.

on a more general note, the point of my criticism is not to shoot down every suggestion .. but to point out where your suggestion fails the smell test. the intent is for you to come up with BETTER suggestions that address those deficiencies. there are already plenty of people in my blockfile for making endless inane suggestions that are impossible / infeasible / unfair to implement. if you don't bother to consider the weaknesses of your suggestions, you can't be surprised when they get shot down.

_____________Image

Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:56 am
Profile WWW

Awesome, block enough people and we can all chat in a civilised manner and suggest improvements without your BS superiority complex and a pretence that you somehow know exactly how Dan has coded the game, or that you speak for him directly

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Quote:
it only takes 5 seconds worth of contemplation to come up with problems with this inane suggestion.

Quote:
...but to point out where your suggestion fails the smell test. the intent is for you to come up with BETTER suggestions that address those deficiencies. there are already plenty of people in my blockfile for making endless inane suggestions that are impossible / infeasible / unfair to implement. if you don't bother to consider the weaknesses of your suggestions, you can't be surprised when they get shot down.

Was that really necessary? This, coming from an individual who probes their x4 artifact/x15 toxics and has a proven track record of sharing crappy planets with lower-ranked players.

Oh, and the Wiki still needs work in regard to advanced game theory of legion base operations.

Take several seats.

--Ultraxx

Last edited by Ultraxx on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 pm

I'm not a big fan of doppleganger planets but planets made Invicible via morphogenic inhibitors by players who have left the game ARE rather infuriating. My suggestion would be an artifact that launches a morpho eating entity at the planet. It can take a week or a month and can be killed just like any other hostile planet entity but after the timer expires, the entity consumes the morphos and disappears.

A less desirable but easier to implement alternative solution would be to make Invincible = Unscannable. Then at least we wouldn't have to look at all the wasted potential.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:18 pm

FWIW, I once floated an artifact for storage protection. It would stop all the production on the planet but make it invincible. The caveat was that if you were inactive for over a certain amount of time (month+), the planet could be invaded.

The point was to protect your storage planet which would entice people into purchasing storage building (good for the game) while at the same time, not creating a vast number of planets that were clogging up the galaxy but couldn't be taken.

I think this kind of answer would have helped with this problem a lot. The point is you don't want people losing planets because they're on a cruise ship without internet for 10 days or hiking without signal, etc but when someone quits, you want the planets to be able to be recycled by other players.

Last edited by ODragon on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:40 pm

ODragon wrote:
FWIW, I once floated an artifact for storage protection. It would stop all the production on the planet but make it invincible. The caveat was that if you were inactive for over a certain amount of time (month+), the planet could be invaded.

The point was to protect your storage planet which would entice people into purchasing store (good for the game) while at the same time, not creating a vast number of planets that were clogging up the galaxy but couldn't be taken.

I think this kind of answer would have helped with this problem a lot. The point is you don't want people losing planets because they're on a cruise ship without internet for 10 days or hiking without signal, etc but when someone quits, you want the planets to be able to be recycled by other players.

Exactly. What good does it do to have planets forever in the hands of players who aren't coming back? I've suggested numerous times to Dan that morphogenic invincibility just function like defense and cloak where after 6 months of inactivity, it simply ceases to provide invincibility. He just needs to get enough tickets to get sick of hearing about it and do something, like purgers on XRP Inhibited planets.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Well said Pitch, a few of us have indeed put forward valid suggestions to this annoyance. Nobody is expecting Dan to jump into immediate action, contrary to popular belief it seems he does read the forums too.

While this may not be the best thought out solution, at least it's an effort, not sure why certain people feel the need to resort to attacking others ideas in such a rude and dismissive manner and label them stupid, it just puts off others from posting too. Nine times out of ten they're the sort of planet that rather than I take myself, I'd be happy to have something that destroys or extract the morph and alert for a lower rank player in our legion.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Bloodied, I like you suggestion. I have said there could be an artifact that could be purchased to make a duplicate planet, but a morph inhibitor eating arti is cool.

Senatorhung, this is another way to address having these planets available. Also again all you had to say was I don't agree. No more is needed. Dan will decide not you or me. He has taken some of my suggestions and used them in the game. I feel like he will at least look at it. While you may have his ear, he will earn $$$ providing artifacts that allow us access to these planets.

Also for all to know: This would be only for invincible planets held by inactive people.

Pitch Ninja, Odragon , and JDoe01 thanks for those comments, and let's keep asking the question.One day you might see an answer!!

Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:07 pm

ODragon wrote:

The point was to protect your storage planet which would entice people into purchasing storage building (good for the game) while at the same time, not creating a vast number of planets that were clogging up the galaxy but couldn't be taken.

+1

see, now this is what you get when you put some thought into a suggestion.

1. doesn't affect the implied promise of INVINCIBILITY for existing planets
2. addresses the inactivity issue while giving Dan a monetary incentive for doing so
3. sets appropriate limits on the benefits to minimize potential abuses

_____________Image

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:12 pm
Profile WWW

I like both of the new suggestions, actually...

A morpho eater that takes a month as a blockade before it eats one (or all) of the morpho inhibitors seems pretty reasonable. It is unlikely that somebody is going to be on vacation for 5+ weeks and would also require the person who set the blockade to remember to come back and check on the planet. As a caveat, though, it should also leave a message at least every 2 days if not every day while the blockade is active so that the message doesn't fall off of the news feed during that period.

I also like the idea of an invincible but no production effect that only lasts while you are active or for 1 month or 3 or 6 months. Going off of active is fine by me; if you go inactive, then you aren't able to store production anyway as you'll have hit capacity, and it encourages people to login at least once a week even if on vacation or their planets are at risk.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:35 am

Invincible planets should remain invincible, regardless of the owners activity because there just might be a chance that player returns to the game. Why deincentivize a player from returning in an environment of minimal new player recruitment?

My suggestion for those wanting to steal others invincible planets would be to do the work to uplift planets. There continues to be awesome planets to steal. Scan.

senatorhung wrote:
+1

see, now this is what you get when you put some thought into a suggestion.

Perhaps if you (and your ilk) put more thought into being more gratuitous to lower-ranked players, Galaxy Legion wouldn't have suffered declining numbers the past five years.

Greedy legion leadership feeding off its young. You have always been part of the problem.

--Ultraxx

Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:40 pm

Wow Senatorhung, if I hadn't thought to ask an "inane" question a good possible solution wouldn't have been found. People think about the initial thought and provide inputs. Stimulating better ideas is what a suggestion is about. You are an interesting person but you have no compassion in your glass tower. Good luck with that.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Ultraxx wrote:
Invincible planets should remain invincible, regardless of the owners activity because there just might be a chance that player returns to the game. Why deincentivize a player from returning in an environment of minimal new player recruitment?

I'm sorry but this argument doesn't make sense to me. Dan has already deactivated cloak for inactive players. Any player who needs his planets back in order to be enticed back to activity is unlikely to say, "I'm OK losing all my cloaked planets but my Invicibles better still be there or I'm never coming back!"

Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:49 pm

Count me in the group that thinks a planet being invincible is silly to begin with. Count that x10 when they aren't even playing, often for years.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:21 pm

Bloodied Unbowed wrote:
Ultraxx wrote:

I'm sorry but this argument doesn't make sense to me. Dan has already deactivated cloak for inactive players. Any player who needs his planets back in order to be enticed back to activity is unlikely to say, "I'm OK losing all my cloaked planets but my Invicibles better still be there or I'm never coming back!"

Why do you feel entitled to other players invincible planets?

Why can't you build your own planets instead of relying on scanning inactive players planets?

Removing cloak from inactive players planets should be enough to satisfy GL bottom-dwellers. Yet, now they want the invincible planets too. I sense the recently added CTL Items wasn't enough to keep the kids from whining "I want more" "Give me their planets".

Give them an inch and they tryna take several miles. Smh

--Ultraxx

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Ultraxx wrote:
Why do you feel entitled to other players invincible planets?

Why can't you build your own planets instead of relying on scanning inactive players planets?

Removing cloak from inactive players planets should be enough to satisfy GL bottom-dwellers. Yet, now they want the invincible planets too. I sense the recently added CTL Items wasn't enough to keep the kids from whining "I want more" "Give me their planets".

Give them an inch and they tryna take several miles. Smh

--Ultraxx

No one is saying they feel entitled to them, no one has a choice not to scan them, there is not a button saying "scan invincible planets" next to the scan button either. What's the point of even scanning enemy planets if invading anything makes us all GL bottom-dwellers?

I'll assume you never invade any planets or alert them for GL bottom-dwellers in your legion either, how great it must be to only take unoccupied planets and build them as you do!

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next