View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Petition to Dan for..... 

I feel like we should petition to Dan for when a player is inactive 3 months their planets should lose the invincibility of morph inhibitors. The reason I say 3 months is because sometimes things happen in real life beyond our control like vacations extended, hospital stays, jail etc. who knows could be anything. However 3 months is a very generous amount of time.

I have talked to many players that have scanned enemy owned planets with morphs on them and its often inactive players that have been gone from the game for awhile now. Things could get quite interesting if the players ever come back if people don't remember to temp flux them. Oh hey could make them not be able to be temp fluxed and force people to purchase planet fluxes. See Dan you could be generating more money how can you say no to that?

Thu May 27, 2021 6:54 am

I'd be down for that, have suggested it a couple of times in the past myself.

Wait patiently for Senatorhung to come along and call you all sorts of names and tell you how stupid he thinks the idea is

Thu May 27, 2021 7:29 am

Agreed. There are seemingly more and more invincible planets that myself or others find that just have to sit in space because the player went inactive from quitting the game and nobody can take them. I can understand the rare times that people may go inactive from a long vacation, hospitalization, etc., but something like the 3 month wait suggested before losing invincibility gives enough time to account for events like these so that a planet wouldn't lose invincibility unfairly.

Thu May 27, 2021 7:39 am

Just make sure you send tickets every time you scan one. It's going to take people hounding him over and over again to get him to move like he id with xrp inhibitors.

Thu May 27, 2021 9:25 am

Meh. Dan has given up on this game. I doubt even hounding him will make a difference at this point for any kind of improvement.

Thu May 27, 2021 2:04 pm

+100 The fact that inactivity strips away cloak but invicibility lives forever feels like it was designed to rub our noses in it. Look at this awesome planet! Psych! You can't touch it! Don't you feel stupid for playing this game?

Thu May 27, 2021 5:04 pm

I'd even support a modification restricted to only players who started playing at least 3 - 5 years after the game opened and would not allow abandoning. I wouldn't be able to take them but it would give players who didn't get a chance to grab Dysons before they were gobbled up a shot at them.

Thu May 27, 2021 5:11 pm

I think a year sounds more reasonable.
AFK for 3 months sounds more like a student unable to play until a break.
Granted, I've taken a break for a year, and then almost four years.
I did, however, log in a few times during those breaks.

Fri May 28, 2021 4:51 pm

Honestly a month is long enough. If you are not logging in once a week you are already considered "inactive" so a month is plenty for a true gamer to have "abandonned" a game.

I do not think games like this are for "casual" players. Flame away! :mrgreen:

Fri May 28, 2021 11:46 pm

My flame.....this topic is WAY down the list of stuff Dan is never going to get to. I almost wish he'd just do us all a favor and pull the plug or sell the thing. The game rolling along like this for a year or two is sad. At this point, we're all just too invested in it to walk away on our own.

Sun May 30, 2021 12:14 am

DarthNefarious wrote:
My flame.....this topic is WAY down the list of stuff Dan is never going to get to. I almost wish he'd just do us all a favor and pull the plug or sell the thing. The game rolling along like this for a year or two is sad. At this point, we're all just too invested in it to walk away on our own.

I entirely agree with that sentiment. It is dead on.

Mon May 31, 2021 5:29 pm

I agree completely that Morphogenic Inhibitors should go away after a player has been inactive for a long time, but when I asked Dan about it, got an answer back to the effect, "Never gonna happen".

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:04 am

DarthNefarious wrote:

Too true. A couple years ago I thought the game was going to die any minute, and freaked out, wondering what I'd do without all my friends here. I started trying to have more of a life outside GL, which is good, but I doubt I'll leave until the final credits roll.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]