View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Auto-Repair Nanites 

Just a random idea; mission takes a bunch of tech parts to complete, and gives you Auto-Repair Nanites, which similar to shields will repair your hull over time. They will only function when your hull is > 10%, and it takes 1 day to fully repair the hull (so rate depends on hull size). Possibly 8 hours if that's not too fast.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:13 pm

shields almost fully recharge in 1 hour when the second level of T.O shield generators are installed. i think hull should recharge in 2. 3 tops.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm not comparing to shields like that because hull modules are a few times more space efficient at similar tech level, and have a cost implication. This is just another nice to have thing from tech parts, but I'm not trying to give a bunch of free repairs out of it.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 am

why not just wait 5 minutes to repair? or use normal repair nanites?

It's not that we're afraid, far from it, it's just that we've got this thing about death... It's not us!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 am

plus if im disabled i wanna stay that way if i dont log on. i dont really wanna give people free cheap shots. especially if i got hit with a tac bypass. but 200 million is rather costly for a repair, which is the current repair cap i believe. so, imo this is a good idea, but a day seems too long for it to be efficient. if your npc hunting and dont want to repair then 24 hours is a long wait. 3 hours seems too long to me, but as you said, ur not trying to suggest a bunch of free repairs. it just seems more practical to have it run anywhere from 1-3 hours because if hull recharges 33% in 1 hour and they have 9999 hull then theyll come back to 3333 hull after an hour (if the recharge rate is 100%/3hr) which is reasonable because thatll give em 2334 hp to go out and wreak havok with.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 am

BinaryMan wrote:
Just a random idea; mission takes a bunch of tech parts to complete, and gives you Auto-Repair Nanites, which similar to shields will repair your hull over time. They will only function when your hull is > 10%, and it takes 1 day to fully repair the hull (so rate depends on hull size). Possibly 8 hours if that's not too fast.

Make it 2-4 hours and you got a deal. I love the idea. The timer to full is debatable but I totally love the idea. One more way to spend those tech parts is always good.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:18 am

Hull repair... Trap?

Sets off at 10% or something? Can be countered IF the attacker hits so hard or critically hits to reduce a player to 0% from 11% or more?

Just a spin...

Ejjakai
The Trust

The hubby needs to stay off my laptop!

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]