View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Suggestions for the game 

A arti black hole that could suck someone's "invincible" planet to the attackers black hole but have it like a 1 in 4 chance to do so and it would have to be terribly expensive to use with only a certain amount of uses.

A comet that legion members would contribute to building that would extend a certain enhancement to the planets of those who contribute to it (the award would be of your choosing ei. 50% AP for 2 days)

And a convergence arti that would cause all the decks of a ship to be used as a weapon ... this would also be expensive and have a 1 in 4 chance of success

Any celestial event could be research price in it.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:03 pm

1. No
2. Maybe, could be fun....50% ap though? No
3. I like to use my guns as weapons, the decks are where my peoples live
4. Wut?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:55 am

a) no invincable planets are that way for one of 3 reasons, a) they paid Real money for them (lets be honest we DID not get 40 quasi's from npcs.... b) long pain stakingly through a hard mission or was our loyalty reward for playing the game for many years,

b) I could see a Legion wide buff effects for CTP/EM... not 50% I could see maybe 2% or 3% though for a limited duration.

c) we have this its called "guns" put yoru decks in to guns you gain attack problem solved! I can't really see what else you are asking for here.

d) I don't understand this, like do you mean you can spend say 10 Million RP for a permant planet effect on each planet? (not one of the exsisting ones oddvously but a new )

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:20 pm

I think what he meant for 4) is a global/galaxy-wide event. Pretty much like a seasonal event for me.

That's being said, it will be a great idea if there is a seasonal legion mission
Code:
http://galaxylegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=-&hilit=seasonal
Thread number 3 8 5 1 1
, which depending on legions if they can advance the story-line or not to unlock more content/stuffs

This will reward legion with good coordination.

EDIT: the forum filter out the thread number... weird

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:07 am
Profile WWW

draxsiss wrote:
c) we have this its called "guns" put yoru decks in to guns you gain attack problem solved! I can't really see what else you are asking for here.

The problem with the guns response is that there is a pretty much fixed cap on weapons strength and the number you can install today, regardless of the amount of decks you may have or want. But crew, hull, and shields grow forever. Could be he's after a way to add more attack to ships that's based on mods and not purely based on crew. That's not a terrible idea. One thing I always regretted about the game was that the "ship building" competition ended way too early in the game and the worst thing in the game (the deck based damage cap and ridiculously low damage cap on bases than never passes 600 regardless of base level) contributed to the idea that building a death star was actually a bad thing. Now we're left yearning for the occasional ship mod through some new mission that gets introduced -- but the stats Dan puts on them makes them all look like ship mods designed for someone in the 100 or 200 rank range. When you have every attack mod in the game and they all contribute less than 10% of your total attack, that's just wrong. Or when you build a ship with almost no guns or defensive mods whatsoever but it has a decent amount of attack or defense just because it has a lot of crew, that's just silly (yes, it's the current set of rules...doesn't mean I still don't think Dan made a mistake when he implemented them). Almost any idea that leads back to emphasizing the importance of ship mods to attack and defense over pure crew is worth investigating. After all, how do you justify a ship without weapons having a decent attack or a ship without thrusters supposedly being fast and agile so as to avoid attacks? In any more realistic space battle game, crew stacked into a ship devoid of modules would provide little more than additional casualties when the ship gets destroyed. Modules came out over time (geminis and gammatrons) that gave a ship on the defensive side of a PVP battle a big kick, but nothing like that exists on the attack side. It's just click, click, click and more clicking as time goes by. Maybe it's time to think about some modules that actually give the attack side more kick to prevent the slow death of PVP. Ignatnic and Senator had the right idea about PVP. Do it all the time while the game is young enough and build an insurmountable lead on the leaderboards because in the long run, PVP will be just too boring to pursue if trends stay the way there are now....

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:28 pm

PurFikshun wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

The problem with the guns response is that there is a pretty much fixed cap on weapons strength and the number you can install today, regardless of the amount of decks you may have or want. But crew, hull, and shields grow forever. Could be he's after a way to add more attack to ships that's based on mods and not purely based on crew. That's not a terrible idea. One thing I always regretted about the game was that the "ship building" competition ended way too early in the game and the worst thing in the game (the deck based damage cap and ridiculously low damage cap on bases than never passes 600 regardless of base level) contributed to the idea that building a death star was actually a bad thing. Now we're left yearning for the occasional ship mod through some new mission that gets introduced -- but the stats Dan puts on them makes them all look like ship mods designed for someone in the 100 or 200 rank range. When you have every attack mod in the game and they all contribute less than 10% of your total attack, that's just wrong. Or when you build a ship with almost no guns or defensive mods whatsoever but it has a decent amount of attack or defense just because it has a lot of crew, that's just silly (yes, it's the current set of rules...doesn't mean I still don't think Dan made a mistake when he implemented them). Almost any idea that leads back to emphasizing the importance of ship mods to attack and defense over pure crew is worth investigating. After all, how do you justify a ship without weapons having a decent attack or a ship without thrusters supposedly being fast and agile so as to avoid attacks? In any more realistic space battle game, crew stacked into a ship devoid of modules would provide little more than additional casualties when the ship gets destroyed. Modules came out over time (geminis and gammatrons) that gave a ship on the defensive side of a PVP battle a big kick, but nothing like that exists on the attack side. It's just click, click, click and more clicking as time goes by. Maybe it's time to think about some modules that actually give the attack side more kick to prevent the slow death of PVP. Ignatnic and Senator had the right idea about PVP. Do it all the time while the game is young enough and build an insurmountable lead on the leaderboards because in the long run, PVP will be just too boring to pursue if trends stay the way there are now....

Imho its still nothing to do with the ease or lack there of in pvp. its that theres not enough incentives to pvp passed a certain point aside from for the leaderboard. 3 yellows per day is realy the only pvp that makes a tangible difference once your decked out with the % or ability ship mods. Either the badge market should get another overhaul with some new mods and some good long term repeatable structures or, and this is my suggestion, we need an ability, from an ally or a ship mod, that rewards pvp in the same way that visions do their areas of the game, as I suggested a while back as an alternate ravyn ability for blues and a vision for yellows. Hopefully the elios ally (assuming we get one but it seems fairly likely) can provide one of them.

Just to put it in perspective people pound for hours on a base to kill it to more often than not just get a adumbrate station. Pounding for a couple of minuets on a ship doesn't seem so much work in comparison, just got to provide a nice repeatable reward to get people interested.

Stark Tech Inside

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Invincible planets are not always planets one spends GP on. Perhaps the sacrifice of 4 invincible planets on your bt would be suitable. Nice to see these folks are not willing to risk anything to gain something lol.

Thu May 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Peticks wrote:
PurFikshun wrote:
draxsiss wrote:

Maybe it's time to think about some modules that actually give the attack side more kick to prevent the slow death of PVP. Ignatnic and Senator had the right idea about PVP. Do it all the time while the game is young enough and build an insurmountable lead on the leaderboards because in the long run, PVP will be just too boring to pursue if trends stay the way there are now....

Imho its still nothing to do with the ease or lack there of in pvp. its that theres not enough incentives to pvp passed a certain point aside from for the leaderboard. 3 yellows per day is realy the only pvp that makes a tangible difference once your decked out with the % or ability ship mods. Either the badge market should get another overhaul with some new mods and some good long term repeatable structures or, and this is my suggestion, we need an ability, from an ally or a ship mod, that rewards pvp in the same way that visions do their areas of the game, as I suggested a while back as an alternate ravyn ability for blues and a vision for yellows. Hopefully the elios ally (assuming we get one but it seems fairly likely) can provide one of them.

there already is a repeatable structure for yellows .. it's called a heist station. i have collected more yellows than anyone in the game and i still have 83 arti or mining planets (16.3% of non.storage planets) that don't have heist stations. a handful of those are ones with enough structures better than 1:1, but that's still dozens of planets for me to keep working on.

also, anyone who is consistently base raiding will need more than 3 yellows per day. it is 3 yellows per additional base raid. if you time your sleep periods well enough .. that is 9 yellows per day required just for additional base crates.

my current tally:
Red Badges: 16686
Blue Badges: 4246
Yellow Badges: 11
Green Badges: 1
Silver Badges: 6
Dark Badges: 86

from that list, the only combat badges that i have an 'overstock' are reds which get used up to scan for bases. so i could see an additional red badge weapon mod beyond the auto.blaster, which has a chance of doing gemini cannon offensive damage, but it should only be able to proc when the target is idle / offline and also only if the target is in your badge range, so no 1.shotting lowbies.

blues get used up on cloak structures for storage planets. there are many outlets for green badges and silver badges as it is.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu May 21, 2020 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

It's entirely likely that next year's Bunny is going to have a 2 hour cool down, which means 3 base raids on a 3 hour FFA any time you are awake for take down.

Most of my blues go towards scrapping Bainars in September.

Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
It's entirely likely that next year's Bunny is going to have a 2 hour cool down, which means 3 base raids on a 3 hour FFA any time you are awake for take down.

Most of my blues go towards scrapping Bainars in September.

yeah, i was thinking that it might be sweet to get 3 base crates from the same base if that happens - could impact the schedule for base attacks a bit. but the draw on yellows would squeeze things on that front even tighter.

i would also be okay if the cooldown stayed the same, but the number of yellows for secondary base raid dropped down to 2yellows from 3.

_____________Image

Thu May 21, 2020 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

Current counts:
Red Badges: 497 Blue Badges: 5038 Yellow Badges: 3597 Green Badges: 63 Silver Badges: 1346 Dark Badges: 15647

I don't install as many heist stations, mostly because when I was taking mining planets regularly I was using them all for the CK-69 upgrades, and only put heist stations up when working on a planet that could use one at this point and usually forget to add it.

Fri May 22, 2020 1:48 am

Texas Toast wrote:
Current counts:
Red Badges: 497 Blue Badges: 5038 Yellow Badges: 3597 Green Badges: 63 Silver Badges: 1346 Dark Badges: 15647

I don't install as many heist stations, mostly because when I was taking mining planets regularly I was using them all for the CK-69 upgrades, and only put heist stations up when working on a planet that could use one at this point and usually forget to add it.

You don't use Dark Badges to upgrade Quantum Accelerators to Cloak 300, Resource 4?

I got some extra base raids, until I realized my CK-69 still needs one upgrade. I'm always just under 20 short of being able to finish it, because I can't resist an extra crate from a level 8 base.

Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 am

Texas Toast wrote:
Current counts:

that's alot of quantum accelerator upgrades that haven't been done yet ...

i generally invade to extract the QACs .. so i save my darks for the QAC upgrades and magnetosphere chargers.

and i never have more than 15 greens on hand .. between bane psybeacon upgrades, bane psyshade arsenal upgrades, assimilation locus upgrades and the occasional luring cynosure, the greens go out the door as fast as they come in.

Texas Toast wrote:

heist stations are only 1:1 arti per space .. but the extra mining gives me an incentive to go mylarai to boost the mining on my existing planets.

_____________Image

Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 am
Profile WWW

xencindy wrote:
You don't use Dark Badges to upgrade Quantum Accelerators to Cloak 300, Resource 4?

I mostly use dark badges for magnetosphere upgrades at this point. Every once in a while I go through to optimize a bunch of planets and will add cloak or even upgrade exciting QACs but I rarely buy them. Just been a while since I've bothered taking the time, so I do have a few extras right now... :)

Fri May 22, 2020 3:00 pm

senatorhung wrote:
Texas Toast wrote:
Current counts:

that's alot of quantum accelerator upgrades that haven't been done yet ...

i generally invade to extract the QACs .. so i save my darks for the QAC upgrades and magnetosphere chargers.

and i never have more than 15 greens on hand .. between bane psybeacon upgrades, bane psyshade arsenal upgrades, assimilation locus upgrades and the occasional luring cynosure, the greens go out the door as fast as they come in.

Texas Toast wrote:

heist stations are only 1:1 arti per space .. but the extra mining gives me an incentive to go mylarai to boost the mining on my existing planets.

Quite a few of us are "stuck" (by choice) on the "Embattled Retreat" mission and don't have the option to become Mylarai :)

Fri May 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Annihilator wrote:
Quite a few of us are "stuck" (by choice) on the "Embattled Retreat" mission and don't have the option to become Mylarai :)

I would be if I had it to do over again, haha

Fri May 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

I went to the wiki and looked it up. Why would anyone want to be stuck on that mission by choice? What am I missing?

Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 am

xencindy wrote:
Texas Toast wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

I went to the wiki and looked it up. Why would anyone want to be stuck on that mission by choice? What am I missing?

the modified grid pylon that drops from the Octafari Grid-Pylon NPC is worth 2 to 4 ctp.

having another NPC that can spawn can also break up the NPC monotony. but no one has supplied any stats for the NPC past rank 691, so not sure when it becomes better than a rogue tech collector in terms of hits to drop per ctp.

_____________Image

Sat May 23, 2020 5:57 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:

the modified grid pylon that drops from the Octafari Grid-Pylon NPC is worth 2 to 4 ctp.

having another NPC that can spawn can also break up the NPC monotony. but no one has supplied any stats for the NPC past rank 691, so not sure when it becomes better than a rogue tech collector in terms of hits to drop per ctp.

Actually the NPC drops a Leviathan Rift-Emitter, worth 4-8 ctp, which gives quite a bit of ctp during the Chuhn event

Sat May 23, 2020 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]