View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Why can't the battle tab code be smarter? 

The battle tab logic really is pitiful. I hack someone, purge the trap off, post on their comm "b", "blue", etc., then tap their shields to cycle them off my battle tab. 30 mins later, the battle tab has them right back on there, and I have to tap their shields again to get them back off. An hour or two later, there back again and have to be cycled off. On and on until finally the original comment I left ages to over 24 hours and its okay to hack them again. Does the battle tab really have to be this stupid? If I ping someone, post a comment, and move on, I DON"T WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN FOR 24 HOURS!!! :evil:

Thu May 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Wouldn't be too bad if it was 12 hours (which is when you could get another badge), but it is what it is. There aren't enough active players anymore to keep it from recycling.

Thu May 21, 2020 7:29 pm

the battle tab pool of targets runs thru multiple filters .. first is your badging range (unlimited up, 40% down) .. then by your scan .. then by who has been most recently active .. then by how long ago you have tagged them. so as you rank up, your pool of targets starts to dwindle as some of the easier lower.ranked laughable targets drop out of your pool. once the target pool is small enough (partly due to the reduced playerbase), you will start to see the active ships rotating back into your battle tab more frequently. in order to see different targets, you need to adjust your scan.

hence why you see frequent hackers (since the jam attenuator came out), running their scanning buffs even on non.UST scan days. however, adjusting your scan (usually higher) will mean the new targets you get may not be hackable with the same cloak value on your ship. hence the increasing use of flares by those of us who want to maximize our daily extra badges from the jammer.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu May 21, 2020 8:32 pm
Profile WWW

I just run max scan and cloak all the time and put some basic scan buffs on...I can hack almost everybody I find on teh BT.

Fri May 22, 2020 1:46 am

Curmudgeon wrote:
The battle tab logic really is pitiful. I hack someone, purge the trap off, post on their comm "b", "blue", etc., then tap their shields to cycle them off my battle tab. 30 mins later, the battle tab has them right back on there, and I have to tap their shields again to get them back off. An hour or two later, there back again and have to be cycled off. On and on until finally the original comment I left ages to over 24 hours and its okay to hack them again. Does the battle tab really have to be this stupid? If I ping someone, post a comment, and move on, I DON"T WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN FOR 24 HOURS!!! :evil:

Yeah, I start seeing the same ships in about 20 minutes, but can usually find new targets until I've seen most of the same ships three times. Still, at least I have more than 7 targets on my BT, unlike some of the high ranked guys. The really low ranks have a tough time, too. especially if they're not SSB resets.

Fri May 22, 2020 4:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]