View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 new ct lab idea 

It's time for the Poly to be upgraded to double storage. The addition of more storage won't put the game out of balance. Or, make it a GP item and generate $$ for Dan.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:20 pm

Someone in my legion suggested this to him years ago. He replied and said he loved the idea and never did it.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Sounds good but maybe make it bigger or have incremental steps leading to an Archive.
Something like 100 poly =

Polychoron Archive
[ Planet Structure - Size: 4]
Constructs a Polychoron Archive on your planet (limit 1 per planet).
Increases mineral, artifact, and research production capacities by 4000 units (standard GL archive storage amount).

Could give it an even higher space cost than the 4 (up to 6 maybe) I've given due to it being a non GP storage archive, gotta make a trade off somewhere.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Now someone of great renown and looks has suggested, so the odds are better now.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:31 pm

since folks seem to be such fans of the rescued.taco click replacement recipe .. maybe Dan could consider one for purging ...

Darkened Beacons
100 star chart purgers
100 dark pyramids
100 continuum beacons

1000 energy cost to use
purge 100 unflagged unoccupied planets from your scan database at random

15 minute cooldown timer between subsequent usage

can be used before and during scan blitzes.

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:56 am
Profile WWW

senatorhung wrote:
since folks seem to be such fans of the rescued.taco click replacement recipe .. maybe Dan could consider one for purging ...

Darkened Beacons
100 star chart purgers
100 dark pyramids
100 continuum beacons

1000 energy cost to use

That would be awesome...

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm

senatorhung wrote:

Darkened Beacons
100 star chart purgers
100 dark pyramids
100 continuum beacons

1000 energy cost to use

That formula sounds oddly familiar ...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44914

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 pm

I love the idea of the "Polychoron Archive" mentioned by Twisted Saviour, and the "Darkened Beacons" idea mentioned by Senator Hung.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:41 pm

We need a way to USE MULTIPLE ITEMS AT ONCE for the following artifacts:

Android Helmsman (Defense)
Android Scientist (Research)
Durtanium Brackets (Hull)
XCharge Cells (Shield)
Tesseract Container (Cargo space)
Mass Storage Pod (Cargo space)

Just as the following new CT Lab designs allowed you to use multiple Rescued Prisoners for attack and energy, we need a similar ability for the above named items.

Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer (Rescued Prisoners to Tach Officers)
Recruit Inculcation Hyperchamber (Rescued Prisoners to Engineers)

There is FAR TOO MUCH gratuitous and unnecessary clicking required to play this game.
It's boring, annoying, and just plain stupid to have to sit there clicking on an item, one by one, when it could be done all at once.

I did not signup for this game just to be someone's click monkey.

Suggestion: Add some new CT Lab designs for using multiple items at once for the above named artifacts. There are quite a few people in GL who would love to have this.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Xeno wrote:
We need a way to USE MULTIPLE ITEMS AT ONCE for the following artifacts:

Android Helmsman (Defense)
Android Scientist (Research)
Durtanium Brackets (Hull)
XCharge Cells (Shield)
Tesseract Container (Cargo space)
Mass Storage Pod (Cargo space)

Just as the following new CT Lab designs allowed you to use multiple Rescued Prisoners for attack and energy, we need a similar ability for the above named items.

Recruit Reflex Hypertrainer (Rescued Prisoners to Tach Officers)
Recruit Inculcation Hyperchamber (Rescued Prisoners to Engineers)

There is FAR TOO MUCH gratuitous and unnecessary clicking required to play this game.
It's boring, annoying, and just plain stupid to have to sit there clicking on an item, one by one, when it could be done all at once.

I did not signup for this game just to be someone's click monkey.

Suggestion: Add some new CT Lab designs for using multiple items at once for the above named artifacts. There are quite a few people in GL who would love to have this.

new recipes that include the artis you cite here are welcome, but they should be used as ingredients to do something else. it's fine for the attack one .. we can all use more attack. but adding more storage or defense or science .. those are pretty much dead ends at this point.

so better to have them be used up in bulk to do something else .. perhaps like a cloak version of the distributed antennae pulse or a ct.lab item that gives a temporary effect where you get an extra badge for any badge you acquire (like the jam attenuator, but only on a short.term basis .. obviously would be triggered like the jam attenuator, but not include the extra jam attenuator badges as triggers).

Rank 3950 Litheor Governor 100% DCR r385-r2200 GL Marauder #26
_____________Image
PvP leaderboards: 70212 raids: #1; 40852 kills: #1; 96377 hacks: #3;

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

No, SenatorHung, it is NOT better to have these listed artifacts used for "something else". That's just your opinion.

The serious LAG for the GL server is making this game UNPLAYABLE. Right now I am getting a lag of 2-3 seconds for each click. That makes sitting there and clicking once (2-3 seconds per click) for each artifact is totally impossible when you have a large quantity of artifacts. It is quickly becoming too painful to play this game.

If the developer(s) actually care about the remaining users here, they will step up and provide a fix for this problem.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Having just finished adding a few hundred thousand helmsmen, I'd have appreciated being able to use them in bulk.

I don't see it as an either/or situation. Some people will want to use those arties rather than ignoring or mindlessly clicking on them, so having something similar for mass use would be easy to implement, provide new CT Lab discoveries to be made, and would save a ton of clicking. I'm all for that.

I'd also like to see new items as well, and the ideas Senator suggested are great ones. But there's nothing to say we can't have both.

Of course, realistically, we'll probably never have either so it's a moot point. Not like there's any active development going on or the forum ever gets checked by the developers these days.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Texas Toast wrote:
Having just finished adding a few hundred thousand helmsmen, I'd have appreciated being able to use them in bulk.

I don't see it as an either/or situation. Some people will want to use those arties rather than ignoring or mindlessly clicking on them, so having something similar for mass use would be easy to implement, provide new CT Lab discoveries to be made, and would save a ton of clicking. I'm all for that.

I'd also like to see new items as well, and the ideas Senator suggested are great ones. But there's nothing to say we can't have both.

Of course, realistically, we'll probably never have either so it's a moot point. Not like there's any active development going on or the forum ever gets checked by the developers these days.

People were also saying that we would never get anything to use Rescued Prisoners quickly and we got 2 items in the ctlab... so there is some hope. One another thing which is needed is to create multiple ctlab items at once. It is so painful to create 100 Domain Walkers or anything else as you have to scroll back to the item each time. Suppressing the auto-scroll up every time you create one would be a start.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:51 am

Annihilator wrote:
It is so painful to create 100 Domain Walkers or anything else as you have to scroll back to the item each time. Suppressing the auto-scroll up every time you create one would be a start.

Also when using ship abilities, and they keep changing position in the list, it's so frustrating, and while we're at it uninstalling and installing mods too.

Massive +1 on thee ct lab items for installing helms in one go, etc.

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm

Annihilator wrote:
One another thing which is needed is to create multiple ctlab items at once. It is so painful to create 100 Domain Walkers or anything else as you have to scroll back to the item each time. Suppressing the auto-scroll up every time you create one would be a start.

He's got the code in there already from the artifact page: "Filter Artifacts by Name:" as well as the use ship/planetary items. He needs to just add that all the markets and CT-Lab and we're good to go.

Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]