View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Cheking for a new legion. 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 71
Post Cheking for a new legion.
Level 1200. 75k attack 65k defense 91k arti prod. Extremely active, but also extremely slow ranker.

I want to know:

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...)
-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits)
-Rules about base scans
-Rules about NPCs
-Rules about LM (Critical point)
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..)
-Membership obligations


Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 am
Posts: 3743
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Galactic Paladins

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...) - 2 no planet naps, all other badges available
-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits) - No clams or credits required although, it is encouraged
-Rules about base scans - Sometimes but there are 50+ people to scan so its not like its often
-Rules about NPCs - FFA except seasons because of the way most of the newer ones work
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - Required
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - Meh, haven't had enough issues to warrant these.
-Membership obligations - Play the game

My guess is as a slow ranker, you don't want to do m/any legion missions.


Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 2:54 pm
Posts: 176
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Blues Brothers

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...) - Only trade pacts, no NAP's, temp basing BP's
-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits) - No requirement, but people generally contribute (I know i put all my silvers into clamps)
-Rules about base scans - None really, except not under 5, usually (85%+ of the time its 6+)
-Rules about NPCs - FFA, collaboration discussed
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - None
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - We've never had issues here, we usually just end up at the same answer so cant help here
-Membership obligations - be active, shouldnt be an issue

we're a new legion, 41st in strength with 22 members, lv7 arti base in 4 months, good group - check us out!

_________________
Image
CaptainSpock: Rank ~1000 Taltherian Excavator
Ex Leader of The TechnoMages, Leader at Blues Brothers


Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 8964
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Active and slow ranking? Aren't those mutually exclusive?

_________________
Ranks 400+ Join us in exploring..
ImageImage

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?


Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 71
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Active and slow ranking? Aren't those mutually exclusive?


No. I´m online most of the day, but making only LMs, few PVP and killing some determinate NPCs.


Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 8964
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Borralla wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Active and slow ranking? Aren't those mutually exclusive?


No. I´m online most of the day, but making only LMs, few PVP and killing some determinate NPCs.


Oh. Ok. That kind of active... Sitting there in tighty whiteys and your Londo t-shirt, eating Poptarts, waiting for other people (the ones that actually play the game) to alert Fabs while you half-watch reruns of Farscape on Hulu hoping for a Claudia Black wardrobe failure. Just so we're clear on everything. Maybe your next legion will be cool with you being a Fab black hole. Alerts go in, but the don't come out. I won't be waiting for your application.

_________________
Ranks 400+ Join us in exploring..
ImageImage

[20:40] Wredz: just hacked a massive extremely rich minting planet from someone.. thats the best planet i ever hacked
[20:43] DarthFlagitious: is it spearmint or peppermint?


Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:47 pm
Posts: 290
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.

I agree with Darth Flagitious. Barralla you have to have more of a " I'm part of the TEAM "mentality if u hope to be part of a decent legion.



Please don't apply at The Weeping Angels. WE have a habit of kicking those not proving to be TEAM players.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 71
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Borralla wrote:
Darth Flagitious wrote:
Active and slow ranking? Aren't those mutually exclusive?


No. I´m online most of the day, but making only LMs, few PVP and killing some determinate NPCs.


Oh. Ok. That kind of active... Sitting there in tighty whiteys and your Londo t-shirt, eating Poptarts, waiting for other people (the ones that actually play the game) to alert Fabs while you half-watch reruns of Farscape on Hulu hoping for a Claudia Black wardrobe failure. Just so we're clear on everything. Maybe your next legion will be cool with you being a Fab black hole. Alerts go in, but the don't come out. I won't be waiting for your application.


Nope. The one who works on a tabern opened 7 days a week from 9 am to 22 pm with the luck of having a PC with internet on the bar (and yes, i can use it with no restrictions because i´m the owner).
Alerting NPCs WITHOUT hitting them, except, as i said, some exceptions. Completing LM ALWAYS with the task assigned by the leadership (yes, i actually make the task who they want, considering the one with less people or the one assigned by the rotatory teams), donating charged exoclamps every sunday even when they are voluntary, dispersing people on the clusters (because that is PRECISELY what i need to rank slower), killing shared npcs when the people needs to make space on the BT... and so.

DO not fear. I actually aplied to your legion in the past when i was level 400 (if the banner is right and its "the unknown")... and took off in less than 3 weeks, because i have no interest on a legion composed of prepotent people who thinks is better than the rest (actually, your message verifies my thoughts). Maybe now you downed from 8º position to 11º in the legion charts teachs you a bit humility.


Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 71
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Ceasar wrote:

I agree with Darth Flagitious. Barralla you have to have more of a " I'm part of the TEAM "mentality if u hope to be part of a decent legion.



Please don't apply at The Weeping Angels. WE have a habit of kicking those not proving to be TEAM players.


Just a little note: If i have no interest in being part of a team, why ask about ALL rules in ALL fields of a legion? If i don´t want to be part of a team, i don´t need to know the rules, because i will not meet them.

But fear not too, i will not aply Weeping angels then.


Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:10 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 am
Posts: 300
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Try the Blues brothers we just mainly ask folks to be active and respect your legionmates.....play anyway you want otherwise. we would like to see more activity on LMs but don't go ape over it as it will happen as our numbers grow.


Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:19 am
Posts: 852
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
do not mind the unknown ships there ships some are over 5 years old and yet there weak and lucky to reach rank 1600 showing they do not do much either when a ship that just hit its 4th year medal and close to 3k that shows something lol o and not to mention they provoke higher ships and then cry when the ships re-act


Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 pm
Posts: 819
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Feel free to check out Imminent Cataclysm.

Slow rankers in general are not overly popular, but I think some people in this thread are losing sight of the fact that there's a significant difference between someone at rank 1200 who is expressing an interest in LMs, NPC, bases, etc, and the people who are still treading around at sub-500 after several years of playing while failing to grow their aph or contribute meaningfully to their legion.

Anyway, on to the questions...

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...) - No badges against Imminent sister legions, green NAP with 1 other non-Imminent legion
-Rules about donations (Clamps and/or credits) - No rules, but members are encouraged to contribute both
-Rules about base scans - We only lock level 6+, with 7s being the preference. Most bases typically have a FFA time that is set upon locking, and a damage cap that applies prior to the FFA.
-Rules about NPCs - FFA other than certain seasonal exceptions like the Cosmiren
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - Not mandatory, but very strongly encouraged. Tasks are not assigned, but we also encourage people to join tasks with fewer participants if they are 'lopsided'.
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - Depends on the issue, mostly handled on a case-by-case basis.
-Membership obligations - We recognize that some rules are necessary, but don't like having a lot of them or forcing people into a certain mold. Be active, play with your own independent style balanced by the fact that you're part of a larger interdependent group.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 pm
Posts: 171
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
pokerman123 wrote:
do not mind the unknown ships there ships some are over 5 years old and yet there weak and lucky to reach rank 1600 showing they do not do much either when a ship that just hit its 4th year medal and close to 3k that shows something lol o and not to mention they provoke higher ships and then cry when the ships re-act



This.. So much this...

_________________
Image
Image
Signature created by Necromancer


Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 pm
Posts: 819
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Alpharik wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:
do not mind the unknown ships there ships some are over 5 years old and yet there weak and lucky to reach rank 1600 showing they do not do much either when a ship that just hit its 4th year medal and close to 3k that shows something lol o and not to mention they provoke higher ships and then cry when the ships re-act



This.. So much this...

Maybe you should go rageboot them all

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:57 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:41 pm
Posts: 297
Location: Earth 626
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
-Rules about pacts - Only 1 non planet nap.
-Rules about donations - add as much or little as you like
-Rules about base scans - glass go for it... active legion let us know first.
-Rules about NPCs - don't hit if there are already a maximum of people hit, unless stated otherwise.
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - choose a mission and finish it really
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - Be respectful to members.
-Membership obligations - Just play the game

_________________
Image
Image
Signature created by Necromancer


Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:23 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 pm
Posts: 171
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
comaface wrote:
Alpharik wrote:
pokerman123 wrote:
do not mind the unknown ships there ships some are over 5 years old and yet there weak and lucky to reach rank 1600 showing they do not do much either when a ship that just hit its 4th year medal and close to 3k that shows something lol o and not to mention they provoke higher ships and then cry when the ships re-act



This.. So much this...

Maybe you should go rageboot them all



So many people assuming I "Rage" booted people. Lmao. #Rekt.

_________________
Image
Image
Signature created by Necromancer


Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 am
Posts: 51
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Borralla wrote:
Ceasar wrote:

I agree with Darth Flagitious. Barralla you have to have more of a " I'm part of the TEAM "mentality if u hope to be part of a decent legion.



Please don't apply at The Weeping Angels. WE have a habit of kicking those not proving to be TEAM players.


Just a little note: If i have no interest in being part of a team, why ask about ALL rules in ALL fields of a legion? If i don´t want to be part of a team, i don´t need to know the rules, because i will not meet them.

But fear not too, i will not aply Weeping angels then.


I hope you are not offended, Borralla.
Actually Ceasar is a funny man. Downright hilarious. He always cracks jokes on the comms and gave everyone a smile for the day.
We chat a lot most of time. So to the stats, I will list it below:

This legion is about (more or less) the antagonist of the Dr. Who series - The Weeping Angels
We don't actually wreak havoc all day but some of us are a real fan on the said tv series. (4 years in the legion and I have not seen any of the series yet)

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...) No NAPs, we go solo
-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits) - No rules but every bit of contribution it is encouraged
-Rules about base scans - Take down usually within the hour of 6. Usually 2-3 times a day. Since I usually scan it, I often pick glass bases.
-Rules about NPCs - FFA all the way
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - Not required but encouraged.
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - Someone raise an issue, we vote for best choice of action.
-Membership obligations - Play the game


Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:24 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:47 pm
Posts: 290
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
Are u seriuos Serp. you've never seen anepisode????
I would like to take this opportunity to appolgize for my rather abrasive preiuos post. Sometimes Borralla I just like to get a reaction from people. Some players tend to be far too serious about the game and it kind of takes fun out of it. You are more then welcome here at The Weeping Angels. Have a great day :D :D :D :D
Serpentarius wrote:
Borralla wrote:
Ceasar wrote:

I agree with Darth Flagitious. Barralla you have to have more of a " I'm part of the TEAM "mentality if u hope to be part of a decent legion.



Please don't apply at The Weeping Angels. WE have a habit of kicking those not proving to be TEAM players.


Just a little note: If i have no interest in being part of a team, why ask about ALL rules in ALL fields of a legion? If i don´t want to be part of a team, i don´t need to know the rules, because i will not meet them.

But fear not too, i will not aply Weeping angels then.


I hope you are not offended, Borralla.
Actually Ceasar is a funny man. Downright hilarious. He always cracks jokes on the comms and gave everyone a smile for the day.
We chat a lot most of time. So to the stats, I will list it below:

This legion is about (more or less) the antagonist of the Dr. Who series - The Weeping Angels
We don't actually wreak havoc all day but some of us are a real fan on the said tv series. (4 years in the legion and I have not seen any of the series yet)

-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...) No NAPs, we go solo
-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits) - No rules but every bit of contribution it is encouraged
-Rules about base scans - Take down usually within the hour of 6. Usually 2-3 times a day. Since I usually scan it, I often pick glass bases.
-Rules about NPCs - FFA all the way
-Rules about LM (Critical point) - Not required but encouraged.
-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..) - Someone raise an issue, we vote for best choice of action.
-Membership obligations - Play the game

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm
Posts: 1862
Post Re: Cheking for a new legion.
If that is how you are going to represent your legions by alienating this guy in his own thread then that is just a pity.

@Borralla, If you are still looking...


-Rules about pacts (Planet NAPs, and so...)

Hit who you want. We have no formal pacts with any other legion.

-Rules about donations (Clams and/or credits)

Donations are not mandatory in any way.

-Rules about base scans


The rule is not to hit bases more than once until the base is to be destroyed. Bases are usually taken down at 3 hours remaining on the clock. If there is concern that no-one will be on to disable a base at the appropriate time, a quorum of officers or a leader may call for an earlier kill.

-Rules about NPCs

We operate on a lock it or lose it standard. Elites and Bosses are all rated for a certain number of attackers, and each attacker has to do their own share. (there are various exceptions to this, such as if someone is power ranking and wants the elites down quickly and etc.)

Killing elites quickly benefits everyone, especially the one who posted them (who gets their battle tab slot freed back up).

All legion members are requested to wait till all slots are filled on elites / bosses, etc. which are shared, before bringing them down. This is to help most people to benefit from rewards.

-Rules about LM (Critical point)

Not required.

-Rules about important decissions, votations and so..)

Important decisions affecting the entire legion (production choice, for example) are voted on by the entire legion. Other matters may be voted on by just the leadership.
If your decisions do not adversely affect anyone else in the legion without their consent or the legion's reputation, then you are free to do what you want.

-Membership obligations

Don't be inactive for longer than a couple weeks without notifying leadership.
Don't be a jackass to other members of our legion.

We have a facebook group page that is optional to join. It contains various documents relating to legion rules, our base lists, etc.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23973&start=0 for more information on our legion.

_________________
Image
Eh.


Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: