Energy is the most important resource that you will manage as captain of your ship. Your current Energy reserve is shown by the yellow bar in the upper left portion of your screen (above Hull) along with numbers showing your current usable energy reserve and current energy capacity when full. Players start with 80 energy, provided by 80 Engineers.
Energy allows you to complete the basic functions of Galaxy Legion, these being...
- To advance in Missions
- To colonize, attack and invade Planets
- To attack and disable other ships and Legion Bases
- To hack or raid other players
- To use certain Artifacts
- To post on Ship Comms (not Legion Comms)
- To bid on items in The Galactic Trading Center
Energy is gained in several ways:
- Regenerated over time.
- The base regeneration period is 3 minutes for 1 energy point.
- The regeneration period is reduced by the amounts and types of Relays, certain Mission Items and Artifacts installed on your ship.
- The countdown timer to the right of the Energy Bar shows the time remaining until the next energy point is added.
- Full Energy Refills can be done.
- Using certain Energy Boosting Artifacts.
- Using Galaxy Points.
- Advancing in Rank refills energy reserves to the installed capacity.
Energy Boosting Artifacts
- Remember to Uninstall any Relays you may have in your ship before using an energy booster
- Remember to Install any Reactors or Cores you may have in your ship before using an energy booster
|Artifact Name||Effect||Obtained From||Event||Image|
|Energy Cube||Fully restores energy.
Note: uninstall your relays, uninstall any weapon modules that drain energy, and equip all of your best power cores BEFORE you use the Energy Cube to get the maximum energy recharge possible.
|Daily Reward||Daily / Ongoing||Image|
|Tri-Matrix Emblem||Fully restores hull, shields and energy.
Note: uninstall your relays, uninstall any weapon modules that drain energy, equip all of your best power cores, equip all of your best shields, and equip all of your best hull modules BEFORE you use the Tri-Matrix Emblem to get the maximum energy recharge, shield recharge, and hull repair possible.
|Daily Reward||Daily / Ongoing||Image|
Energy can be improved in three ways:
- Recharge Rate: Installing Relays and certain Mission Rewards and Artifacts onto your ship will reduce the time it takes to recharge one point of energy Energy Charge Rate, allowing you to do more in the game sooner. This often comes at the cost of lowering your max energy capacity, so be careful not to be gone too long, or energy will fill and the benefit is wasted.
- Energy capacity: Installing Reactors and certain Artifacts onto your ship will increase your maximum energy capacity, thereby letting you get a good night's sleep (or earn a living) without worrying about filling up and wasting regeneration cycles. Installing some of these is often considered essential if you use Relays, to counter the capacity reduction inherent in them.
- Crew: Purchasing Engineers with Rank Points will permanently increase your max energy. You gain two Engineers (and thus, two max energy) for every rank point spent. Where ship modules come with install and upkeep costs, Engineers take no space and will happily work for free. They also improve your chance of successfully raiding.
Energy will be reduced by using certain Relays and Weapons.
Maximum Energy reduction is 630.
|Name||Size||Charge Rate||Max Energy Reduction||Upkeep||Gained From||Image URL|
|Power Conduit||5||+1||-5||50 CR per day||Advanced Power Systems||Image|
|High Energy Relay||5||+3||-10||299 CR per day||Superconductive Relays||Image|
|Plasma Relay||5||+6||-20||1,200 CR per day||Plasma Relays||Image|
|Wave Conduit||5||+9||-30||4,900 CR per day||Wave Conduits||Image|
|Positron Relay||5||+12||-40||20K CR per day||Positron Relays||Image|
|X Conduit||5||+15||-50||90K CR per day||X Conduits||Image|
|Transconduit||5||+18||-60||405K CR per day||Transconduits||Image|
|Isomophic Repeater||5||+21||-70||1,850K CR per day||Isomorphic Entanglement||Image|
|Wormhole Relays||5||+24||-90||10M CR per day||Wormhole Channeling||Image|
|HyperChannel Relays||5||+27||-120||45M CR per day||Flux Vibration Channeling||Image|
|Name||Size||ATK (Attack)||Second Bonus||ATK/Deck||Gained From||Equip Limit||Image URL||Upkeep per Day|
|Ion Pulse Ballistae||10||80||-40 Energy||8||NPC: Drannik Ballistae||4 Drannik Weapons||Image||125,000 CR|
|Exotic Pulser||5||30||-10 Energy||6.000||Mission: Slowing the Prejor Advance||3 Exotic Pulsers||Image||2,100 CR|