The Voliir Chain
Border patrols picked up an unusual ship entering (race) territory. At first, we were unsure why it would be venting biological material, but soon realized that the ship was... a life form. It is badly injured, and communication has been unsuccessful.
- This is a unique discovery. Can you and your crew assist in saving the ship?
>Are you sure this entity is actually a ship? We have detected spacefaring beings before.
- We are certain. A crew was detected inside, although they appear to have died en masse quite recently. The ship also houses familiar areas where the crew controlled navigation, defense, and ... life support.
>What is its chance of survival?
- Unknown. It has sustained heavy damage in critical areas. We will do our best to revive it, but our scientists know very little about this type of life. Your assistance will likely increase its chances.
>You mentioned that the ship has defenses. Any sign of weapons?
- Yes, although the exact mechanisms involved are not fully understood. There are energy conduits feeding what appear to be weapon pods, and they show signs of significant use... most likely from a recent attack.
>Interesting. Did you determine how the crew was killed?
- All died within minutes of each other... asphyxiation. It is strange, though... life support systems sustained no damage.
>Perhaps our new friend has a mind of its own.
- We can assume many things, but we may never know for sure... unless we save it... and quickly.
>Understood, but everyone should remain on high alert.
- Per 1 Round
Requirements: 25 Energy Rewards: 55 XP XP Return Ratio: 2.2
- 90 Rounds/Completion
Requirements: 2,250 Energy Rewards: 4,950 XP, 1 BioMimetic Sealer
- 4 Completions/Finish
Requirements: 9,000 Energy Rewards: 19,800 XP, 4 BioMimetic Sealers
Previous Mission: None
Next Mission: Imminent Conflict
Return to Mission Chains